Greasy Fork is available in English.

Y-marker

Sets up keyboard shortcuts for placing bookmarks and navigation inside webpage.

< Feedback on Y-marker

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 04. 10. 2017

Regarding Zoom Factor

I understand that width altering makes impossible to return to marked position because the dependency from width is not linear. But I think, that zoom altering can be recalculated if keeping zoom factor together with position. Or even more tricky: to keep the position recalculated to zoom 100% and recalculate it for other zooms. The dependency from zoom should be close to linear.

trespassersWAuthor
§
Posted: 04. 10. 2017

As far as I noticed, zooming does not change webpage pixel Y-position, bookmarks remain valid after pressing Ctrl-plus/minus, so I don't see any reason to correct anything yet.

§
Posted: 16. 10. 2017
Edited: 16. 10. 2017

Zooming does not change webpage pixel Y-position, but it changes the actual page width. (Real geometrical page width it might or might not change, but the pixel size becomes bigger/smaller and the width in pixels changes). But I agree that it is nothing to correct in your script - if zooming causes width altering it is nothing to do - if the geometrical size will be changed - the zoom altering will not affect the page position, if will not change - will affect. But it depends on site behavior and page layout and it is impossible to take this into account.

trespassersWAuthor
§
Posted: 16. 10. 2017
But it depends on site behavior and page layout and it is impossible to take this into account.

in fact, everything is possible - but is it worth the effort?

§
Posted: 17. 10. 2017

I agree. The user can take this into account, but it doesn't worth.

Sign in to post a reply.