Greasy Fork is available in English.

Netflix - subtitle downloader

Allows you to download subtitles from Netflix

< Feedback on Netflix - subtitle downloader

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2021-02-24

I want to get subtitles without additional code within it. I read that there was an 'option' button where you could unpin some extra preferences. But I don't have an 'option' button. So, what should I do? Thanks.

§
Posted: 2021-02-24
Edited: 2021-02-24

You read some really old comments. Read the description on the "Info" page instead. Maybe simply converting to .srt is all you want, maybe you need to use some Multiple replace rules too. I don't know, you haven't posted any example.

§
Posted: 2021-02-25

Thank you for a quick response! Yes, I read your descriptions. I've done converting the file in .srt, but nothing changed. So, I used then online ".srt cleaner" here: https://subtitletools.com/srt-cleaner. It helped, it cleared some <..>

stuff but only thing which stayed was "&lrm" characters on every string (I don't know how to get rid of that too).

In your info you say about creating a .bat file with script of multiple replace, I got it right? Sorry, if I may be a little dumb, but I don't understand how to do this trick on Mac. As far as I know .bat files are suitable for windows.

Thanks for help in advance.

§

Well, it's okay, I think I can use this online .srt cleaner/converter site and it is quite enough to my purpose.

§

Oh, there's no Mac version of SubtitleEdit. I don't have a Mac so I don't know what else you can use. And since the .bat file was just to run SubtitleEdit you can ignore it.

.srt files are a text files. You can open them in any text editor and just replace all occurrences of a text. But &lrm; is a left-to-right control character so I think there's something wrong with the program you're using to convert the subs to .srt, because that character shouldn't be encoded like that.

Once again, post some example. Either title of the movie/series (and the episode) or upload the .vtt file downloaded by the script somewhere and post the link here.

Sign in to post a reply.