Netflix - subtitle downloader

Allows you to download subtitles from Netflix

< Feedback on Netflix - subtitle downloader

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2020-02-01
Edited: 2020-02-01

[bug ticket] The script sometimes downloads empty file

Like this. Retry only loads from cache; Only reopen the video and retry numerous times solves the issue. 3.0.10 Latest version. This behavior happens on both download one/batch download.

BTW, this is such a great addon that I'd even like to donate like 10$ 20$ or even 30$. Do you by any chance accept paypal donation? No pressure on script support, just wanna express my gratitude.

I'm a trilingual who lives in yet another country - that means the subtitle options on netflix is not enough for me sometimes.

With your addon, I surprisingly found out that Netflix did not georestrict the subs - they have only been hided. This is very useful to me, and is only possible because of your work.

Thank you!

§
Posted: 2020-02-01

It may be some error on Netflix side, not sure. Can't check it. [cc] means closed captions. I just tested an episode that had Japanese closed captions (just like on your screenshot) and they downloaded fine.

As for donation, there's a link in the description. ;)

§
Posted: 2020-02-02

I see the donation link now. xD My bad.

Firefox 72, tried combinations of GreaseMonkey/Tampermonkey, likely irrelevant.

I also tried v2.2.1, and both the batch download option and single download function worked flawlessly, everytime, without 0 size files (but in picture format, expected).

But somehow in 3.0.10, the issue appeared, and I can reproduce it reliably. As you can see, only some of the files failed to convert. They are all subtitles in picture format.

https://www.netflix.com/watch/81145702 https://www.netflix.com/watch/81088355 Problematic shows for you to test.

I have no idea how to debug js script, or provide meaningful log. Guides are appreciated, I'm willing to help maintaining this script!

§

Can't test the first show, it's geo-restricted. I downloaded all the subs from the second one an none was 0 bytes.

But I've got an idea what could be wrong (Netflix server issue) and how to fix it, will try to do it later today.

§

Try with 3.0.12

§
Posted: 2020-02-03

Tested multiple videos, and it's been fixed!

Thank you kind sir. : D

Sign in to post a reply.