Greasy Fork is available in English.

MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

Keep track of the HITs you've done (and more!). Cross browser compatible.

< Feedback on MTurk HIT Database Mk.II

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2015-10-19
Edited: 2015-10-19

TypeError: (AccessViolation) Database is not defined

When I try to update the database, I receive the following message:
TypeError: (AccessViolation) Database is not defined
I'm using the latest version of Chrome.

feihtalityAuthor
§

Do you have the old, legacy version active at the same time?

§

Thanks, that solved the problem.

§

I am getting this same message but I don't have the legacy version active anymore

§

Me again. Like Torie, I am getting this message but don't have the legacy version.

feihtalityAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-10-20
Edited: 2015-10-20

Torie's issue was because they are upgrading from another script that set the internal version higher than is compatible with this script. The conflict has been resolved in the latest update.

For any other Firefox user reading this, Go to about:preferences#privacy and under History, if you have the option "Never remember history" selected, that is the culprit. Note that it says "Firefox will use the same settings as private browsing..."

The indexedDB API will always fail in private browsing mode. Change it to either "Remember history" or "Use custom settings for history" and make sure you're don't select "Always use private browsing mode".

§

Hmm, don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm not upgrading from anything and didn't have any other version of HITdb installed during my recent attempt with this version (about 45 min. to an hour ago).

As soon as I log in I see "InvalidStateError: A mutation operation was attempted on a database that did not allow mutations." Clicked on the button to update the database just for kicks, and it gave me the TypeError deal.

Uninstall, reinstall, same errors. Rinse, repeat.

Something or somebody somewhere does not want me to be able to use this script. Thanks for everything, but we just can't make this work. It's not you; it's me. Truly.

feihtalityAuthor
§

Please refer to my above edit regarding history settings.

§
Posted: 2015-12-18
Edited: 2015-12-18

Works.

Sign in to post a reply.