Youtube UI Fix

Moves the controls under the video and makes the UI look like it was before august 2015

< Feedback on Youtube UI Fix

سؤال / تعليق

§
Posted: 06-11-2015

Progress bar width progress - can you improve on this?

I've made some progress with the progress bar's width. I've been able to make it behave on non-hover at 100%, and when you hover it goes back to the less-than-100% width with correct tracking. Please take a look at "Retro Style" mode in my script to see it in action (you'll need to disable yours first) https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/976-youtube-right-side-description
It's all done by CSS, check out the script.retroCSS value for the code. The key bit is width:calc(100% + 24px) and margin-left:-12px on the .ytp-progress-list - Feel free to use this in your script.
I'm yet to try it without the retro styling (so I'm not sure which parts of that are required to get this working) but I'm sharing this with you because you might be able to figure out the final step in it, and that'll benefit everyone :)

Roy192مؤلف
§
Posted: 06-11-2015

I had the same css a month ago, but it didn't work as well because I applied it to the wrong elements (making it always take up the full width; and giving a bug).

It does look a lot nicer, so I'll definitely add that to my script (with credit of course).

§
Posted: 07-11-2015

Awesome :)
I tried the full width thing too, I'm pretty sure they're doing something with Javascript that we just can't hook into. Their obfuscated script makes to too hard to find though.

q1k
§

they are using transform: scale(???), I managed to get it working by changing the scale to 1.1something, but not the hover one.

q1k
§

but to be honest i'd rather see the smaller one.
maybe add an option to display the bigger one for now? until you figure out a way to make it work properly on hover too..?

تسجيل الدخول إلى مرحلة ما بعد الرد.