Greasy Fork is available in English.

Twitter: view more replies and remove useless sections

View more replies and remove useless sections from twitter

< 腳本Twitter: view more replies and remove useless sections的回應

評論:正評 - 腳本一切正常

§
發表於:2022-05-21

Thank you for this awesome script. It works perfectly.

Would it be possible to eliminate the "Discover New Lists" section on user's lists page?

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

max44作者
§

Thank you a lot for kind words!

I think it should be possible, but I have not observed such a section. I opened an url https:⁄⁄twitter.com⁄<user_name>⁄lists and found nothing similar.

What steps should I do to reproduce it? Some example screenshot would be helpful too.

§

Precisely on that page: https://twitter.com/user_name/lists. The page shows your pinned lists on top, and all your lists at the bottom. But on the center there's the "Discover New Lists" Section, which I dislike. I attach the screenshot of the lists page for my personal user.

I hope you can do something about that and thank you very much in advance.

max44作者
§

Hm... I tried several accounts in different browsers and did not get this section. So, I can guess its structure and make a shot in the dark. Please try the new version and tell me the result. If it is not what you expect, provide me with a new screenshot so I can make a new guess.

§
發表於:2022-05-22
編輯:2022-05-22

Yes, my friend, you're a genius. You didn't miss the shot in the dark. Now it works perfect and blocks that shitty "Discover New Lists" section. It's clear that the Twitter interface and the sections that appear vary from country to country. I am in South America and I use Twitter in Spanish, so I additionally translate the name of the sections so that the script works in Spanish. But keep in mind that some of the lines of code that you removed or inactivated in the latest versions are still required for certain regions. For example, the Promoted Tweets still appear for me and the script deletes them, but I have to keep the lines of code from the older versions. I suggest you don't remove or inactivate any of the lines that were present in version 1.7.1. Even if some of them weren't needed, I don't think they would do any harm. But there are some regions where they will be needed. Sorry if my English is not very good, I hope you understand what I want to say. Thanks a lot for the script.

max44作者
§

Thank you very much :) And I understood everything, you English is very well.

Please give me the lines you need from the old versions and I'll return them back to the script. Also I will add Spanish strings to the script as I did before for Chinese, so you do not need to add translation each time I issue a new version.

You suggested a good idea about different regions, I will think how to deal with it during tests.

max44作者
§

I added Spanish to the script. I translated "Discover new Lists" as "Descubra nuevas Listas", but I was not able to verify the correctness in Twitter. Please check.

§
發表於:2022-05-23

I added Spanish to the script. I translated "Discover new Lists" as "Descubra nuevas Listas", but I was not able to verify the correctness in Twitter. Please check.

No, no, "Discover new Lists" is "Descubre Listas nuevas" and it's case sensitive for Twitter, it won't work if uppercase and lowercase letters don't match.

It would be very good to include Spanish, since after English, Chinese and Hindi, it's the next most used language on the Internet.

You're very kind, but anyway don't worry about me adding or removing lines of code after every update, since probably I'll always do that. There's a couple of things that the script blocks, that I like to see, for example "Trends for you" on the right column on home page. So I deactivate or delete that line.

As I told you in the previous message, in my opinion the script should contain ALL THE LINES that were present in 1.7.1 version, unless the ones you modify after stopped working. And of course the ones you added for new features. Especially the lines referred to "Promoted Tweet" "Promoted by", etc. are still needed for me (and I suppose for others too).

Give me a while and I'll send you all the correct translations for Spanish.

Thank you very much for this, folk.

§

I looked into the code in the latest version and I can tell that all the spanish translations you put ARE CORRECT, except for the "Discover new Lists" which is "Descubre Listas nuevas" (as I told in previous message).

Additionaly, the line for "Expand your timeline with Topics" is deactivated, but in my case needed to be activated. The translation is "Amplía tu cronología con Temas" (always case sensitive). Other lines that were present before and not now, are those for "Promoted" and "Promoted Tweet", which are "Promocionado" and "Tweet promocionado" in spanish.

Finally, even though "Trends for you" is correctly translated as "Tendencias para ti", and "Trending now" would be "Tendencias del momento", at least in my case, on the right column at the newsfeed, Twitter doesn't show that. It shows "What's happening", which is "Qué está pasando" in Spanish.
As I told before, I like to see the "Trending now" on the right column at home page, so I delete that line. But in case I would want the script to block that section, I guess the line should contain the strings "What's happening" (in English) or "Qué está pasando" (in Spanish). Take a look at the screenshots.

I suppose Twitter shows slightly different terms depending on the country, so if the only way to block all those annoying sections is identify them "by name" I guess it's very difficult you could catch all the possibilities. The final user may always have to do some "corrections" on the code to adapt it to their needs.

Anyway, you have done terrific work here, which I appreciate very much.

All the best.
Christian.

max44作者
§

I've 1.7.1 lines reverted and tried to take into account your suggestions. Very difficult to work blind, because despite I changed the language and region, I still do not see the sections you mentioned.

Please try the new version, espacially check whether "What's happening" is hiding correctly. And you will have to delete the line with "Trending now". I think it would be good to add options to the script to switch different sections on/off without editing the code, but it would take a time too.

max44作者
§
發表於:2022-06-03

Hi! Yesterday Twitter suddenly showed me "Expand your timeline with Topics" section. Only in English, I wasn't able to reproduce it in other languages. And I noticed that its html-code was different from that I expected. Could you please check what line works better for you:

$( "div[style='-webkit-line-clamp: 3;'] > span:contains('Amplía tu cronología con Temas')" ).parent().parent().parent().parent().parent().hide().next().hide().next().hide().next().hide().next().hide().next().hide();

or

$( "div[style='-webkit-line-clamp: 3;'] > span:contains('Amplía tu cronología con Temas')" ).parent().parent().parent().parent().parent().parent().hide().next().hide().next().hide().next().hide();
§
發表於:2022-06-06
編輯:2022-06-06

Hello my friend Max. Sorry I couldn't reply any sooner. As I told you, Twitter shows slightly different things depending on regions and languages, so it's almost impossible to make "universal" tests that work for all users.

Your script is still EXCELLENT as it is. The final users may have to make some "corrections" in the code, depending on the country they are in. It would be great, however, if the user could "enable" or "disable" the different functions, with a selector (without having to touch the source code). But surely it must take a lot of work and it's not essential, at least for me.

Regarding the code itself, the way it is now, at the moment for me it WORKS PERFECT in all aspects. What you ask me about "Expand your timeline with Topics", in my case in Spanish is "Amplía tu cronología con Temas" and the line of code that works for me is the first one (from your previous message):
$( "div[style='-webkit-line-clamp: 3;'] > span:contains('Expand your timeline with Topics')" ).parent().parent().parent().parent().parent().hide().next().hide().next().hide().next().hide().next().hide().next().hide().next().next().hide();

Anyway, that is not entirely certain, because Twitter shows that sort of sections intermittently, it doesn't show up all of them, all the time. So maybe now it's not showing me that section and therefore I could not check the script. Unfortunately it's something you have to check continuously.

Thank you very much once again for this great and very useful script.

max44作者
§
發表於:2022-06-06

Thank you very much for your feedback, Christian! And I'm very pleased that my work is found to be useful.

發表回覆

登入以回復