New IMDB Message Boards - Moviechat

Directly integrated replacement on the IMDB message boards using moviechat.org, appears at bottom of all IMDB movie/tv page listings, includes millions of archived posts saved from before the boards closed.

< Feedback on New IMDB Message Boards - Moviechat

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2018-05-26

Display problems

Hi. First of all, thanks for the great script. Now, ever since the recent updates I've had some problems with it. When the script is enabled, I am unable to rate a movie, the "add to watchlist" button doesn't display at all, and the "People who liked this also liked..." section is also messed up and unusable. I'd be really grateful if there was something that could be done about this.

drhouseAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-05-26

hmm, can you link to an example page that is giving you problems?

§
Posted: 2018-05-27

It happens on every title page. Here's how the "People who liked this also liked..." section looks like: As you can see, the "add to watchlist" button is also missing here and hovering over the posters doesn't switch the movies. However, on the main page, the similar "Recommended For You" section works, just as the "add to watchlist" buttons in the "Opening this week" section in the sidebar on the right. I tried disabling all other scripts, and it still happens. I'm using Violentmonkey, BTW.

drhouseAuthor
§

I uploaded a newer version v1.9.2, first try that, see if it works.

Your issue seems similar to one reported before: [Bug] Overlapping stars https://greasyfork.org/en/forum/discussion/18108/x

Except, that was fixed a while ago... if v1.9.2 doesn't fix it, I'd like to know if using Greasemonkey instead helps, cuz the script (per latest version) seems to work fine for other Firefox users.

§

Yep, it seems it's a Violentmonkey-related issue, the script runs without any issues on Greasemonkey. I should've tried that first, instead of bothering you. Thanks anyway.

Sign in to post a reply.