New IMDB Message Boards - Moviechat

Directly integrated replacement on the IMDB message boards using moviechat.org, appears at bottom of all IMDB movie/tv page listings, includes millions of archived posts saved from before the boards closed.

< Feedback on New IMDB Message Boards - Moviechat

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2018-05-11
Edited: 2018-05-11

IMDb changed its format today?

Hi, love your script but I think IMDb changed its format again or something? The boards suddenly started appearing twice today once near the top and once at the bottom of each movie page.

drhouseAuthor
§

thx, hmm... I'm not seeing exactly what you're seeing can you post an example url? I updated the script so it only appears on movie/tv pages, let me know if you're still seeing any issues

§

Sure.. this just started today but this is a screenshot of what I'm seeing: https://imgur.com/a/jKo8h3v

PS.. I see it like that on all/any movie or TV show page. (I tried your new version.. no change except now no actor boards)

PPSS.. I liked the boards for the actors so you should leave that added.. (though there are two boards on actor pages as well)

§

I figured it out!! It has to do with that new "sponsored" ad stuff they just added (see screenshot above) .. BUT.. I have NoScript installed for Firefox, if you use that addon to block media-imdb.com (the site that adds the sponsored ads and duplicates the boards) it will get rid of the extra board and get rid of that new sponsored ad crap which the new extra board seems to be attached to :) So please re-add the actor boards as that was never the issue, Also hope this info helps you out in-case you get this question again. I imagine adding that site to the excludes section would get rid of the issue! :)

drhouseAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-05-27

hey, I didn't see your latest msg until today... actor board pages have been re-added.

Sign in to post a reply.