New IMDB Message Boards - Moviechat

Directly integrated replacement on the IMDB message boards using moviechat.org, appears at bottom of all IMDB movie/tv page listings, includes millions of archived posts saved from before the boards closed.

< Feedback on New IMDB Message Boards - Moviechat

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2017-02-24

[Bug] Overlapping stars

As you can see here. And also, hovering the shows on the left doesn't work either.

These problems are appearing only when this script in activated, I don't know why...

I'm using Firefox 51.0.1 with Greasemonkey.

Otherwise the Moviechat integration works great for me, thank you :-)

drhouseAuthor
§
Edited: 2017-02-24

thx for the feedback. I'll look into it when I have a chance.

drhouseAuthor
§

Ok, deactivate the 'New IMDB Message Boards - Moviechat' script, then try installing this modified version to see if it solves the problem:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/27658-new-imdb-message-boards-moviechat-alternate

§

Success! Everything's working as intended now. Thanks ;-)
Should I keep this version or will you update the main branch?

drhouseAuthor
§

Well, it would be great if there were 2 things you could help to verify before I change the main script:

- the closest I could get to seeing the bug was while the page was slow to load and before the page had fully loaded. Just to check, are you sure this bug was consistent, i.e. that it happened multiple times and it was after the page had finished loading?

- here is one last script that will tell me if I need to keep either one or both lines that I had changed in the alternate script. Disable the other versions and try this one:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/27662-new-imdb-message-boards-moviechat-alternate-2

If the bug is gone, then I'll know only 1 line needs to be changed in the main script instead of 2 lines.

§

Bug still gone with this other version. I think we're good!
And yes, with the main it happened multiple times and the page was fully loaded.

drhouseAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-02-25

I updated the main script, feel free to use it again, cheers

Sign in to post a reply.