BitChute: Video Download Button

Adds a "Download" button to the BitChute player. Also downloads thumbnails. Supports WebTorrent and native player.

< Feedback on BitChute: Video Download Button

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2018-04-17

[Improvement] Replace gibberish video name with video title on bitchute page

Hello, Thanks for your script, it works well. Could it be possible to improve it a little bit by replacing non-sense video name (Hf630BndfPo.mp4 for example) with the video title set by the uploader ?

Thanks in advance.

sidneysAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-04-21

@sda2b said: Hello, Thanks for your script, it works well. Could it be possible to improve it a little bit by replacing non-sense video name (Hf630BndfPo.mp4 for example) with the video title set by the uploader ?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your suggestion - the feature is implemented as of v1.3.0.

Kind regards, sidneys

§
Posted: 2018-04-27

Thanks ! Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I tested with 52.X & 59.X FF. The download button redirects to "Hf630BndfPo.mp4" Not sure what i'm doing wrong :/

sidneysAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-06-11
Edited: 2018-06-11

@sda2b said: Thanks ! Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I tested with 52.X & 59.X FF. The download button redirects to "Hf630BndfPo.mp4" Not sure what i'm doing wrong :/

Hi @sda2b ,

thanks for your steady feedback!

You did nothing wrong, the problem was due to Firefox/Chrome not supporting this feature properly by default. In order to achieve this, the extension had to be rewired for the most part, but now works flawlessly on both Firefox and Chrome, and includes a download progress meter.

Please review the newest version (v3.0.0) and post your feedback.

Cheers, S

§
Posted: 2018-06-18

Hello @sidneys

I confirm everything is working great with latest version. Thanks for the update !

sidneysAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-10-12

@sda2b said: Hello @sidneys

I confirm everything is working great with latest version. Thanks for the update !

You are welcome.

Kind regards, S

Sign in to post a reply.