Text Highlight and Seek

Automatically highlight user-defined text with Seek function (2019-09-22)

< Feedback on Text Highlight and Seek

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2017-07-02

change keyword right at the top bar

Are there a way to change keywords right at the top bar instead go to edit, change the words and must confirm? I think it much more convenience in that way.
Thanks in advance.

§
Posted: 2017-07-05

I think that is a good idea. For example, make it possible to double-click the current text to edit the text "in place" (either within the HTML or in a text input that replaces the styled text).

It will take me a while to work on this.

§
Posted: 2017-08-18

I am using this awesome work of yours for highlighting of forum usernames.
That way the user opinions I am more interested in are harder to miss.
Like for example when reading movie reviews I often 100% agree with some persons. I set their usernames to be marked with color so they are easier to find next time I am trying to decide if a movie is worth my time.

Fast&Easy adding of new users (keywords) would be very much appreciated! :wink:
In any case, Thank You for this!!

§
Posted: 2017-08-20

Hi hien4990, I've added the ability to edit keywords directly on the set list. Double-click to make the keywords editable, and there is no confirmation required to Save. I did add a Revert button in case someone were to save accidentally, or just in case you want to return to the previous keywords.

§
Posted: 2017-08-20

Hi umetnic, what method are you using now? For Firefox, the right-click context menu probably is easiest. Select the name, then:

right-click > Text Highlight and Seek > Add new set

If you don't select the text first, it's much less efficient.

§
Posted: 2017-08-21

Hey Mr. Jefferson. :)

I actually finally took time and upgraded my Firefox from v46 (needed that ver. for some old plugins...) to the latest dev. version, just to be able to use this freshly added awesome functionality!!

Yes, selecting the string and adding it via right click works wonderfull!
Much appreciated!

P.S. How about adding also 'remove this set' feature? ATM I don't see the possibility to remove them anywhere, just editing. :wink:

§
Posted: 2017-08-21

P.S. How about adding also 'remove this set' feature? ATM I don't see the possibility to remove them anywhere, just editing. :wink:

Thanks for the reply.

On the Edit screen, "Hide Set" will remove it from your view but I didn't actually delete it for some reason that I can't remember. Maybe I was concerned about making a mistake or planning to offer an Undo??

Sign in to post a reply.