Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

@version update detection wrong.

§
Posted: 2014-03-06
Edited: 2014-03-06

@version update detection wrong.

For example, I created a script, set version to "Alpha-v1".
In the next update, I changed version number to "Alpha-v2", and received the following message:

"You updated the code but didn't increase the @version number. This means anyone who previously installed your script may not get the updated code. Save anyway?"

Example Script

I can still update the script however, just find it annoy to tick the "Save anyway" box every time :/
IMO, it should just compare the extracted "version string (without any white-spaces)" to previous version.
Thanks ^^

§
Edited: 2014-03-06

Btw, if I updated the script with false-positive version conflict and REQUIRED script outside white-list, I'll end up a box ticking game of "Update anyway" and "need assessed by an admin"... lol
I only ticked one box at first time and that's why it went to the loop...

§

Checking an override checkbox then failing validation anyway makes things go weird - filed https://github.com/JasonBarnabe/greasyfork/issues/51

Let me look into the version problem...

§

It doesn't think what you're using is a valid version string. I'll do some testing later to see what Greasemonkey thinks about it.

Filed https://github.com/JasonBarnabe/greasyfork/issues/52 to show a message when a version number is invalid. Right now it's ignoring the number at the end, so that's why it thinks there's no change.

§
Posted: 2014-03-07

Thanks for the quick response ^^

§
Posted: 2014-03-07
Edited: 2014-03-07

The version parsing logic has been updated. Now it will think "Alpha-v2" is later than "Alpha-v1". However I recommend you rethink how you do versions - both Greasy Fork and Greasemonkey will think that "Alpha-v2" is a later version than "Alpha-v10". Examples of the expected format can be seen here.

§
Posted: 2014-03-08

Thanks, I'll take care for it ^^

Sign in to post a reply.