Discussions » Creation Requests

Can I block the bar of "Magic Actions for YouTube"?

§
Posted: 2016-12-22
Edited: 2016-12-22

Can I block the bar of "Magic Actions for YouTube"?

Hi!

There's this annoying bar that I have little to no use for, that only wastes space. Also itinterferes with youtube's context menu. (overlaps it)
Can I disable it? It generates a new random css id with every instance. So I guess CSS is out of the question. They're pretty adamant to show their stupid bar...
It would maybe even better hiding/collapsing it and only show it when/if it's needed

§
Posted: 2017-01-11

I don't know if you can remove that bar. I got sick of seeing it too, so I found Enhancer for YouTube on the Chrome Web Store https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/enhancer-for-youtube/ponfpcnoihfmfllpaingbgckeeldkhle?hl=en-US

§

Thanks for the tip.

§
Edited: 2017-01-11

Unfortunately though its disable autoplay feature quite inferior to Magic Actions'.
It plays for a few seconds, mutes, then stops then seeks back and adds the click-to-play placeholder.

q1k
§
Edited: 2017-01-11

I don't use magicaction, just installed it to see what is going on.

Seems like the magic actions developer doesn't want it removed. At least they could collapse like on youtube+.

So in stylish you can create a new style and add this

#watch7-content span + div {
    display: none;
}

It might not be accurate though. You could also try adblock, but it will be the same. Perhaps the best way will be to edit the extension file (find the appropriate code and remove the icons)? Unlike firefox, I think chrome will refuse to install it.

Anyway, your best option is to message them and suggest adding an option to hide the bar.

§

I don't use magicaction, just installed it to see what is going on.

Seems like the magic actions developer doesn't want it removed. At least they could collapse like on youtube+.

So in stylish you can create a new style and add this

#watch7-content span + div {
}

It might not be accurate though.

You could also try adblock, but it will be the same.

Perhaps the best way will be to edit the extension file (find the appropriate code and remove the icons)? Unlike firefox, I think chrome will refuse to install it.

Anyway, your best option is to message them and suggest adding an option to hide the bar.

Indeed, that was my conclusion. I wrote once or twice about it on their mozillazine forum, but they never responded to it.

Thanks for the tip, though it doesn't seem to work. The bar is not hidden.

q1k
§

Try one of these css selectors. I can't find a universal solution for this, since it's added differently in firefox and chrome.

This should work on chrome:

#watch7-content > div:not([class]):not([id]) {display: none !important;}

This on firefox:

#watch7-content > div:not([class]) > div:not([class]):not([id]) {display: none !important;}

If that fails, try this script

// ==UserScript==
// @name        hide magic action buttons
// @namespace   q1k
// @description Hides the magic action bar on youtube
// @version     1.0
// @grant       none
// @match       *://www.youtube.com/*
// @require     https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.1.1.min.js
// @run-at      document-end
// ==/UserScript==

var checkExists = setInterval(function() {

if ( $('[title*="Magic Options"]').length ) {
    $('[title*="Magic Options"]').parent().css("display", "none");
    clearInterval(checkExists);
  }
}, 1000);

From my tests, the script doesn't work on chrome, I can't figure out how to target the shadow root host...

§

Now it works, thanks!

Deleted user 164201
§
Posted: 2017-12-22

This didn't work for me (Chrome) for some reason (maybe because it's the new Youtube UI), but I managed to do it anyway. Here's how I did if anyone's interested.

I downloaded Stylebot (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylebot/oiaejidbmkiecgbjeifoejpgmdaleoha/) to apply custom CSS to a specific page and I added

#info-contents > ytd-video-primary-info-renderer > span {
}

#info-contents > ytd-video-primary-info-renderer > div {
}

#info-contents > ytd-video-primary-info-renderer > div:nth-last-child(1) {
display: block !important;
}

It seems to add a random number of span's each time, so you can't just specify a number. Since there is only one thing to keep here (the div containing the title of the video, the views, etc), I just hide everything and set the last element (the aforementionned div) visible again.

§
Posted: 2017-12-22

@Epono
Cool. Thanks.

§
Posted: 2018-07-27
Edited: 2018-07-27

@Epono said: This didn't work for me (Chrome) for some reason (maybe because it's the new Youtube UI), but I managed to do it anyway. Here's how I did if anyone's interested.

I downloaded Stylebot (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylebot/oiaejidbmkiecgbjeifoejpgmdaleoha/) to apply custom CSS to a specific page and I added

info-contents > ytd-video-primary-info-renderer > span {

display: none; }

info-contents > ytd-video-primary-info-renderer > div {

display: none; }

info-contents > ytd-video-primary-info-renderer > div:nth-last-child(1) {

display: block !important; }

It seems to add a random number of span's each time, so you can't just specify a number. Since there is only one thing to keep here (the div containing the title of the video, the views, etc), I just hide everything and set the last element (the aforementionned div) visible again.

I realize this is a very old post, but thank you so much for it. I finally got rid of that pesky Magic Actions options bar below Youtube videos on the Chrome browser.

The whole reason I have Magic Actions and some various other extensions installed is to get a very cool ambient theater effect to enable around the video that is playing.. and the magic actions options bar right below the video totally killed the effect for me..

I REALIZE for a lot of people this may not be that big of a difference but I go crazy over little things like this. I watch a lot of youtube and that bar annoyed the hell out of me. So glad it is gone.

Here is what it looked like before the bar got removed and after.

Before: https://imgur.com/3bJO5aX After: https://imgur.com/tP6NUqw

Sign in to post a reply.