Makes YouTube videos run in high definition + YouTube fixes

< Feedback on YouTube HD Override

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

Deleted user 128
§
Posted: 2016-03-05
Edited: 2016-03-17

Ineffective with streaming video [FIXED]

Seems YouTube just changed something with streaming video.
If 'YouTune HD Override' continues to run flawlessly on regular videos I encounter an issue with streaming videos where Quality returns to Auto-720 when 1080 is available.
Example : Sky News LIVE at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60wDzZt8yg
I have the script with default settings (HD=6=1080) and my bandwidth is as usual (DL=90, UL=5)

§
Posted: 2016-03-17

Hey there again!

You're a model bug reporter. Clear reproduction of issue and lots of information! Thank you. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I stopped checking the site every day.

So this problem occurred because the function to fix links in comments did not actually check if the comments box was there. Of course, on streams, the site layout is different and this box doesn't exist, and therefore the script stops before it sets HD and all that fancy stuff.

Updated, should work :)

Deleted user 128
§
Posted: 2016-03-17

Hi, Prehistoricman! YouTube HD Override 2.9.2 corrected that streaming video issue perfectly - Thanks a lot.

To be honest without aiming a politeness parity I'd say you are yourself a model of clarity and concision. Very few check their page every day but even less bother to answer, so thanks again.

Need to say this script is a marvel, I really mean it. I tried videos without DASH disabled and it is dramatic, horrible, with 100MB DL speed I still get video "pauses"! This script does it, even it it must be brought to the attention of users that if it does defeat DASH it nevertheless does not show up as effective when right-clicking on a video and choosing "Stats for nerds" where DASH is stated as "yes" even though it's off.

Also, shutting up the channels' videos is an everlasting pleasure.

Both these functionalities (No DASH and NO autoplay on channels) are hard to find elsewhere, be it in scripts or in add-ons. I've searched evertwhere for comparison, no equivalence. So I appreciate your work even more if you pardon me being straighforward!

Keep up the excellent work :)

§
Posted: 2016-03-18

Thank you, I appreciate your gratefulness.

I just started this script off because YouTube annoyed me and thought it would be nice to make it public. And here we are with 2k+ downloads.

So do you have any feature requests for the script? I get annoyed with autoplay on playlists but I'm struggling to think of a way around that. Feel free to suggest that though, I'd look into it deeper.

Deleted user 128
§
Posted: 2016-03-18

I haven't experienced a situation where I'd feel a feature related to your script as an enhancement. I dislike autoplay except for playlists (that's my logic) so should that feature be implemented that I personally wouldn't use it anyway :neutral: -- All is fine here. Perhaps a soda would be welcomed for one of those looong videos! -- Thanks for your work, 2k+ indeed is a nice score, relevant of the pertinence of an add-on. All the best, Prehistoricman.

Sign in to post a reply.