FanFictionNavigator

Mark and hide fanfics or authors

< Feedback on FanFictionNavigator

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2019-01-11

Fix for AO3's Entire Work mode.

Currently, AO3's hide feature doesn't handle an exception for Entire Work mode. So for example, if you set Liker Options to Hide Like, div.ffnlikefic of Entire Page would be hidden.

My suggestion.

var Story = function(optionsin) {
    a["archiveofourown.org"] = {
        hide:function(){
            if (patharr[3]!=="chapters" && window.location.search.indexOf("?view_full_work=true")==-1) {
                _this.hide();
            }
        }
    }
}

By the way, I have a question. In Fanfiction.net, Liker Option appears in author page, but show/hide feature doesn't work. In AO3, Liker Option doesn't appear in author page, but show/hide feature works.

What is your design for author page? Liker Option has more options other than show/hide feature, but it's best to handle Liker Option and show/hide feature as a set to avoid confusion.

Andy ScullAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-01-14
Edited: 2019-01-14

Hi, added this and uploaded v.43, seems to be working.

About author page - not hiding any fic on author page was a deliberate decision on my part. I just didn't implement it on AO3 because I don't visit it very often. I use it to always see how many author's fics I already like or dislike (and switching hide options on/off to do that is cumbersome). If I already dislike most and like none of his fics then I should just hide the author and stop seeing his new fics. If you really dislike this I can add a separate option for that or just implement the same behavior for AO3 author pages.

§

Thank you for an update and taking time to write a response.

Sorry, my test wasn't complete, I noticed that in AO3, FFN also hide div.ffnlikefic of single chapter work.

New fix

var Story = function(optionsin) {
    a["archiveofourown.org"] = {
            if (patharr.length > 3 && patharr[1] !== "users" && patharr[3] !== "chapters") {
                _this.hide();
            }
        }
    }
}

Several days ago, I read a really disliked story and FFN didn't hide the story in author page, so I was puzzled and frustrated. But your idea to determine to dislike author by a number of disliked story doesn't work when FFN hides stories in author page. Now I calmed down, your design for author page is fine to me.

Fix to add Liker Option to author page.

case "archiveofourown.org":
        // hide/show options
        ffn$('div.navigation.actions.module, div.primary.header.module').after(
Andy ScullAuthor
§
Edited: 2019-01-14

Done that in v.44, please check it. I tested in all three modes (single/multi-chapter and entire work) I just changed it all to regexp and disabled hiding on any /works/(\d+) urls, I think this should work for all possible single fic pages (unless there are some pages that begin with something other than /works/)

§

patharr[2] is undefined in https://archiveofourown.org/works/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&work_search%5Bquery%5D=

if (patharr[1] !== "users" &&    // do not hide fic on author pages (to clearly see how many fics you like and dislike)
                !/(collections\/[^\/]+\/)?works\/\d+/.test(window.location.pathname)) { // do not hide fic header on reading pages
                _this.hide();
            }
        }
Andy ScullAuthor
§

Yeah, thanks. Changed that check to your variant, see it in v.45

§

Looking good!

Sign in to post a reply.