YouTube Links

Download YouTube videos. Video formats are listed at the top of the watch page. Video links are tagged so that they can be downloaded easily.

< Feedback on YouTube Links

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2018-11-05

currently bugged

I've been trying to figure out why all of a sudden, when I visit YouTube, it suddenly would freeze and use 50% CPU in Chrome. It turns out it was this script. For some reason it has started to do that in the last two or three days. My version of Chrome is up to date, and I tested it with everything else turned off. Hopefully this can be addressed in the future.

nhyoneAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-11-06

Has anyone else encountered that? (It doesn't happen on my Chrome.)

Chrome 70 is released on 13th Sep 2018, the last YouTube Links update is v2.02 on Oct 18. Tampermonkey 4.8 beta is in Oct as well.

Do you have another browser? Does it happen there?

If you like to troubleshoot, you can try the previous versions v2.01, v2, v1.96 and v1.95 (need Classic layout).

AFAIK, there is nothing in the script that is CPU-intensive (50% = likely means one core is maxed out).

§
Posted: 2018-11-07
Edited: 2018-11-07

Can confirm problem with latest Firefox. With the user setting tagLinks set to true or "label" Youtube will freeze with the error message in the attached image. If I set the tagLinks setting to false then the message/error goes away on the front page, but in order to fix the issue on a video page I also have to set the setting showVideoFormats to false, which basically renders the script useless. I tested the latest version of Chrome and the same thing happened so it's not browser specific.

§

yep happening to me too finally traced it to this script causing youtube to lock up completely

§

this morning suddenly freeze when open youtube if enable this script.

nhyoneAuthor
§

It doesn't happen to me yesterday, but it has hit me today. :(

Looks like YouTube has found a way to disable the script...

nhyoneAuthor
§

v2.03 fixes the issue.

YouTube changes the sig once again and the new code causes one of the previous regex to "hang" -- I think it is still looking for a match due to the overly-general way I specify the pattern.

§

@nhyone said: v2.03 fixes the issue.

YouTube changes the sig once again and the new code causes one of the previous regex to "hang" -- I think it is still looking for a match due to the overly-general way I specify the pattern.

Can confirm V2.03 seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks for the quick resolution.

Sign in to post a reply.