Greasy Fork is available in English.

Unfix Fixed Position Element on Firefox Context Menu

Add new item to top of right-click context menu to override position:fixed on elements in a page.

< Feedback on Unfix Fixed Position Element on Firefox Context Menu

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 17-09-2021
Edited: 17-09-2021

This is probably the best code to handle Fixed elements as it also allows to you to keep said element but prevent it from floating which also helps taking screen captures of the full webpage without said floating element ruining . I have never found anything like it elsewhere however it does not appear to work in Waterfox and FireMonkey. I don't know specifically if it is the combination of software or has it stopped working for other elsewhere since it so old now but if it could be updated that would be tremendous. Unfortunately I cannot even get the script to show in the context menu anymore.

Thanks for all the years of great scripts.

Jefferson ScherTác giả
§
Posted: 17-09-2021

I don't use Waterfox, but I just discovered that in Firefox 85+, you need to toggle dom.menuitem.enabled to true in about:config to manipulate the context menu from a website or userscript. Is Waterfox that up-to-date with changes in Firefox? You could check whether Waterfox has such a preference.

§
Posted: 18-09-2021
Edited: 18-09-2021

It seem to be set to "true" under boolean in about:config I'm afraid. I do appreciate the effort though.

Jefferson ScherTác giả
§
Posted: 18-09-2021

This much I can confirm is working:

• Firefox 92
  • FireMonkey
  • dom.menuitem.enabled => true

So it sounds like something about Waterfox, or if you modify context menus using userChrome.css, perhaps your style code.

§
Posted: 16-10-2021

I tested the script on Librewolf and it works fine. It's a shame it doesn't work on Waterfox but what's a guy to do. You did good. Thanks for trying.

Đăng nhập để bình luận