Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Reporting unauthorized code

§
Posted: 2018-06-23

Reporting unauthorized code

We've implemented a feature that should make it easier for everyone to deal with reports of unauthorized code.

An author who finds a script that is an unauthorized copy of their own script posted to Greasy Fork can now submit a report from the bottom of the Feedback page. When this is done, the author of the offending script will be notified and allowed to submit a reply. The original author will receive notification of any reply.

A moderator will then review the evidence and decide whether the script will be deleted or the report will be dismissed, and both parties will be notified.

Eventually this may become automated in that if there is no reply in a specified number of days, then the script will be deleted automatically.

wOxxOmMod
§
Posted: 2018-06-24
Edited: 2018-06-24

Eventually this may become automated in that if there is no reply in a specified number of days, then the script will be deleted automatically.

So anyone will be able to report any script and make it vanish if the other author no longer visits greasyfork or is away on a vacation etc. What a great idea!

BTW markdown quoting no longer works in the mobile forum version. I guess it's the fancy editor's fault as there's no selector to choose the message format.

§
Posted: 2018-06-25
Edited: 2018-10-29

§
Posted: 2018-07-03

Eh, it's probably not too hard to make the automation compare the scripts before judging. Most of the copies I see are pretty much clones. I'm dealing with one right now (still awaiting a response though). Plus, if it's a trusted and established script author, the chances of fake reports are minimal.

§
Posted: 2018-07-13

This doesn't have to do with the comment or anything, but when I reported someone for stealing someone else's script, I was stupid at the time (Literally). I'd forgotten to put the original link in.

§
Posted: 2018-07-19
Edited: 2018-07-19

Report them again with the link of the stolen mod and the original mod. If needed also state what parts of the code has been stolen.

To see if your script has been stolen go to: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/yourscript/derivatives to see scripts similar to yours.

Sign in to post a reply.