[TS] Citrus GFork

NOW with version number in Listing!! Advance table view for Greasy Fork. Fixes display bugs. 100 scripts display at a time, favoured user count, remembers last sort order used on Script Listing, "My" Profile Listing, and third Party Listing. Able to distinguish between, Library, Unlisted and Deleted scripts using text icons. Beside FireFox, it now supports Opera and Chrome.

< Feedback on [TS] Citrus GFork

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2017-05-06

Colors for accessibility/reading

I absolutely LOVE this script but I have an eye condition and the bright colors are really hurting my eyes. A really awesome enhancement in the future might be to add a settings panel to either pick one or two other color schemes, or probably easier just allow the user to pick the few primary color categories with their own custom colors (which in my case I could reverse them to allow me to better read).

Thanks for all the hard work on this!

TimidScriptAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-05-07

Hello and thank you :smile:

or probably easier just allow the user to pick the few primary

I wish that was the case. The problem is currently the styling, is very messy. It's all over the place and I've used lazy methods to implement it. It would be easier to just have a two fixed styles to choose from. Linx Amender 4, is meant to have variable color schemes to support such issues but eh.. its on hold.

I am ignorant on this matter, but I can guess the yellow and orange are issues, but is the white background also a problem? I will try and look into the matter when I start working on the scripts again.

In the meanwhile, have you considered something like stylish or Linx Amender to alter the Colour scheme?

Below is a simple CSS. Just an outline of what you can do.

body #Head, body #main-header {background-color:#291c06 !important;}

#title-text {color: white !important;}

body .Author a.Username {color: darkblue !important;}

body #script-table thead td {background-color:darkgray !important;}
§
Posted: 2017-05-10

Thanks I can just start doing some search and replaces in the userscript css have no issue changing myself if need be, just thought since you developed it might have had a bit more rhyme or reason in the color scheming and maybe I'd get lucky. Without me digging through the code to get the list do you at least happen to know how many different variations of the brighter oranges and yellows, or is it literally just using 2 colors throughout?

As for Stylish thanks for the tip but I do far too many advanced things with userscripts outside of just css styling to use stylish, not to mention now with the Stylish extension changing hands into a marketing company and that extension (and it's altered privacy policy) moving more towards capturing and sharing all browing history etc., I actually no longer myself even recommend it to family/friends even if all they need is the basic css styling.

I just thought maybe an option page here for this one may have already been on the horizon, but it sounds like no such luck but no biggie thanks so much for replying so quickly!

TimidScriptAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-05-10
Edited: 2017-05-10

Thank you for notifying me about Stylish. I didn't know that, as I do not really use it.

Most of the major bright colours in the script are:

color:
yellow
#F19E06

backgrounds:
#F9C565
#F7A207
#FFC763
#FFFF99
#FFFFA4

Much of the features you want, is semi-implemented in LA4 (Allows you to design customisable colour schemes for CSS). It just RL gets in the way and well procrastination. I just need to finish it off, and when and if I do, it will allow you to alter the color scheme of this script anyway you want (once finished and the script is altered to use it, wish I had planned to finish ages ago). So it's not completely off the table, it just like I mentioned afore.

Without me digging through the code to get the list do you at least happen to know how many different variations of the brighter oranges and yellows, or is it literally just using 2 colors throughout?

If the only issue is the Orange and Yellow, the CSS above covers most (I think). However there are area's that are dynamic and well you cannot do it without altering the script.

Below is a CSS that alter much of the bright coloured text. And should cover most of the issues (I think).

body #Head, body #main-header {background-color:#291c06 !important;}

#title-text {color: white !important;}

body .Author a.Username {color: darkblue !important;}

body #script-table thead td {background-color:darkgray;}

body #script-table thead td {background-color:darkgray !important;}

body #Head #title-subtext, body #Head #settings-subtext,  body #main-header #settings-subtext {color:white !important;}

body #Head a, body #main-header a {color:white !important;}

Here is a screenshot of the CSS in action in LA4 Alpha. You can use it in LA3 if you want or just write a simple script to implement it. I hope that helps.

https://i.imgur.com/MMGnhA7.png

§
Posted: 2017-08-07

Hey so sorry for the delay in replying! Thanks so much for the info, that is awesome and a great direction and will probably be plenty just to make the few small adjustments I need for vision.

Again, can't say enough how awesome you did with this script and with that said, I really appreciate the insight into what you used, etc. - that is usually like pulling hair to get out of anyone these days as to HOW they develop something!

+1

TimidScriptAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-08-07

Thank you for the complement and you are welcome :smile:

Sign in to post a reply.