Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Site design change (thoughts)

Deleted user 37950
§
Posted: 2016-12-18

Site design change (thoughts)

So I've been using greasy fork for a while and it's by far the best site of hosting scripts. It's very convenient and easy to use. They've recently undergone a new site design, mainly to the script download page. It's very clean and looks a lot more modern but I don't think it's right. The old design was much-much better.

§
Posted: 2016-12-19

I think it's much better than before (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have done it). If you have any specific suggestions for improvement, let me know.

wOxxOmMod
§
Posted: 2016-12-19

@HighNoon643, I see no substantial difference. A few decorations here and there. Consider using a userstyle for GF.

§
Posted: 2016-12-21
I think it's much better than before (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have done it). If you have any specific suggestions for improvement, let me know.

No, I think you did a great job on the new style. Personally, I always love metro/flat/minimal dark styles, but this one is nice too.

Idx
§
Edited: 2016-12-21

I think the design was fine, I mean I like it .. Those rounded things, now it looks more elegant and smoother like spoon, #GreasySpoon, lol.

Btw, some places in forum page, still get lil bit messy on rare condition. yeah, very minor case. So, I still depend on my custom stylish to tweak to some elements that need to be break-word -ed

word-break: break-word;
targets
#script-description,
.script-list h2>a,
.script-list .description,

q1k
§
Edited: 2016-12-22

@Idx I was gonna say exactly that. Essentially that's everywhere where there is user entered text. And I believe it's actually word-wrap: break-word;

Also, I find the text on the left side menu to be too small. You should increase it a bit: #Panel { font-size: 0.9em; }, it's currently smaller;, that's around 0.8em.

On the profile page, the list of our scripts, is actually behind the right side menu. This will fix it: .list-option-groups ~ ol#user-script-list { width: calc(960px - 15.3em); }.

And another thing. I find it a bit more convenient to have the titles of the scripts bolded and the script info on the right too, like they used to be.

.script-list h2 { font-weight: bold; /* bolded heading, like it was */ }
.script-list dl dt span {
  float: right; /* move the left line to the right */
  font-weight: bold; /* make it bold, like it used to be */
}
.script-list dl dt::after { content: ""; /* no need to add colon */ }

I've also noticed that users with longer names will take a new row. So to take care of that the width of the static script info needs to be smaller .script-list li dl dt { width: 10em; }

§
Posted: 2016-12-23

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Sign in to post a reply.