Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Greasemonkey scripts stopped working with Firefox 40+

§
Posted: 2015-08-28

Greasemonkey scripts stopped working with Firefox 40+

On my Windows 7 desktop machine, I just downgraded back to 39.0.3 for now, I was originally assuming there was some conflict with another addon. But I just set up a new laptop yesterday with Windows 8.1 where Greasemonkey is the only addon installed and I still have the same problem, none of my basic scripts are working with any version of Firefox starting with 40 and up. Both machines are x64. The scripts I've been using are pretty basic... changing the favicon for a few sites, highlighting certain blocks of text in color if it catches a particular word, along those lines.

Has anyone else run into this and any suggestions how I can fix it? I've searched and haven't yet run across anyone else with this problem, so it's likely something on my machine. On the new laptop I also created one of the scripts to change the favicon at a site from scratch on that laptop, but that didn't work either.

Thanks for any suggestions.

wOxxOmMod
§
Edited: 2015-08-28

IIRC greasemonkey didn't create a new preferences file. Just copy it from your old profile.

§

I've tried that as well. First I moved over all the GM scripts like usual with the config file and that always works. When it didn't, I removed them all and recreated one of the scripts, and that still didn't work. This is on the new laptop with Windows 8.1.

But on the older desktop PC with Windows 7, those scripts have been in use for over a year. But when I let Firefox upgrade to 40, they all instantly stopped working. It's not just the new laptop that has the problem.

§
Posted: 2015-09-01
Edited: 2015-09-01

See also:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2958293 where the original poster reported "I finally got most of my GM scripts working again in Firefox 40+"

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/greasemonkey-users/ogaFiyQgFNU/zA2nNrOBBQAJ

Sign in to post a reply.