Này người xa lạ!

Còn chờ gì nữa mà không mau đăng nhập hoặc đăng ký để cùng tham gia thảo luận với cộng đồng!

Site design change (thoughts)

So I've been using greasy fork for a while and it's by far the best site of hosting scripts. It's very convenient and easy to use. They've recently undergone a new site design, mainly to the script download page. It's very clean and looks a lot more modern but I don't think it's right. The old design was much-much better.

Bình luận

• I think it's much better than before (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have done it). If you have any specific suggestions for improvement, let me know.
  • @HighNoon643, I see no substantial difference. A few decorations here and there. Consider using a userstyle for GF.

• I think it's much better than before (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have done it). If you have any specific suggestions for improvement, let me know.

No, I think you did a great job on the new style. Personally, I always love metro/flat/minimal dark styles, but this one is nice too.
  • IdxIdx
    đã sửa December 2016 Chrome
    I think it's much better than before (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't have done it). If you have any specific suggestions for improvement, let me know.

I think the design was fine, I mean I like it ..
    Those rounded things, now it looks more elegant and smoother like spoon, #GreasySpoon, lol.

Btw, some places in forum page, still get lil bit messy on rare condition. yeah, very minor case.
    So, I still depend on my custom stylish to tweak to some elements that need to be break-word -ed

word-break: break-word;

targets
    #script-description,
    .script-list h2>a,
    .script-list .description,

• q1kq1k
    đã sửa December 2016 Firefox

@Idx I was gonna say exactly that. Essentially that's everywhere where there is user entered text. And I believe it's actually word-wrap: break-word;

Also, I find the text on the left side menu to be too small.
    You should increase it a bit: #Panel { font-size: 0.9em; }, it's currently smaller;, that's around 0.8em.

On the profile page, the list of our scripts, is actually behind the right side menu.
    This will fix it: .list-option-groups ~ ol#user-script-list { width: calc(960px - 15.3em); }.

And another thing. I find it a bit more convenient to have the titles of the scripts bolded and the script info on the right too, like they used to be.

.script-list h2 { font-weight: bold; /* bolded heading, like it was */ }
    .script-list dl dt span {
      float: right; /* move the left line to the right */
      font-weight: bold; /* make it bold, like it used to be */
    }
    .script-list dl dt::after { content: ""; /* no need to add colon */ }

I've also noticed that users with longer names will take a new row. So to take care of that the width of the static script info needs to be smaller .script-list li dl dt { width: 10em; }

• Thank you all for your suggestions.
Đăng nhập hoặc Đăng ký để gửi bình luận.