Self-Destructive Cookies

§
Posted: 2016-06-25

Self-Destructive Cookies

Requesting please a userscript that can perform as the Firefox Addon
Self-Destructing Cookies
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/self-destructing-cookies/
This addon:
1. Removes all cookies of a site when closing that site's tab (within 5 second delay).

Would it be possible to create a userscript to perform this function please?

With this type of userscript I won't have to continually click around with managing cookies removal... it will be automatic.
I am trying to eliminate as many addons as possible to increase Firefox speed performance.
Thankyou

§
Posted: 2016-06-27

But you wouldn't want the cookies removed if you have any other pages open on the same site? Someone probably has written it, but I think that means needing to keep track of all the opened and closed tabs throughout Firefox.

The timing of clearing cookies is a bit tricky. You can use a script to flush the cookies, but since user scripts run in the context of a page, it's difficult to see how you could do this after the last tab with a page on the site is closed.

§
Posted: 2016-06-27

Hi Jefferson Scher !
Thanks for response and insight over details I did not think of.
I've been using Self-Destructing Cookies https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/self-destructing-cookies/
for about a year now and I like how it works for me.

needing to keep track of all the opened and closed tabs throughout Firefox.

● I didn't think of that... but for my needs I only have ever had no more than 20 tabs opened at the same time.
I don't think Self-Destructing Cookies Addon pays attention to that... because I noticed that I have been logged out a few times when closing a tab, and then needing to re-login again. I can just be more mindful of that by not closing a tab until I am sure that I am finished with all tabs of that site.
So if I am use to the addon performance and they don't pay attention to the "needing to keep track of all the opened and closed tabs throughout Firefox".
then the script can also not need to pay attention to "needing to keep track of all the opened and closed tabs throughout Firefox".

● Actually the timing is not necessary for me as it is only in place to prevent accidentally closing a tab and then losing cookies and having to re-login.

➜ So then the script could be more simple without timer and without need to pay attention to
"needing to keep track of all the opened and closed tabs throughout Firefox".

Thankyou

Sign in to post a reply.