Greasy Fork is available in English.

WikiMuch

Clean and minimal theme for new Wikipedia. Press F8 for dark mode.

< Feedback on WikiMuch

Soru/yorum

Deleted user 728791
§
Gönderildi: 18.01.2021

Thank you very much for this script which features a dark theme that works perfectly for languages other than English. I tried a lot of them but this one is really one of the best.

I'd like to make a proposal anyway because there is one detail that keeps me from using this script. Would it be possible to change the languages proposed at the bottom left of the page? I tried to change some lines in the script code but nothing worked. I would just like to have English and French for example.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted user 728791
§

Never mind, I managed to find a way to choose which languages appear.

However, I have another problem. The dark theme is not kept in memory and has to be activated manually each time. Is there a way to make it work all the time?

GuillaumeSahip
§

Thank you very much for this script which features a dark theme that works perfectly for languages other than English. I tried a lot of them but this one is really one of the best.I'd like to make a proposal anyway because there is one detail that keeps me from using this script. Would it be possible to change the languages proposed at the bottom left of the page? I tried to change some lines in the script code but nothing worked. I would just like to have English and French for example.Thanks in advance!

You can change the value myLangs in the ViolentMonkey/GreaseMonkey/.. add-on to change the languages shown.

Never mind, I managed to find a way to choose which languages appear.However, I have another problem. The dark theme is not kept in memory and has to be activated manually each time. Is there a way to make it work all the time?

This should work just fine... Does the value darkMode show "true"? If you have multiple pages opened and press F9, it will only toggle dark mode for the current tab; you'll have to refresh the other tabs to also switch the dark mode. Is that perhaps what you mean?

Deleted user 729029
§
Gönderildi: 19.01.2021

Thank you very much for this script which features a dark theme that works perfectly for languages other than English. I tried a lot of them but this one is really one of the best.I'd like to make a proposal anyway because there is one detail that keeps me from using this script. Would it be possible to change the languages proposed at the bottom left of the page? I tried to change some lines in the script code but nothing worked. I would just like to have English and French for example.Thanks in advance!

You can change the value myLangs in the ViolentMonkey/GreaseMonkey/.. add-on to change the languages shown.

Never mind, I managed to find a way to choose which languages appear.However, I have another problem. The dark theme is not kept in memory and has to be activated manually each time. Is there a way to make it work all the time?

This should work just fine... Does the value darkMode show "true"? If you have multiple pages opened and press F9, it will only toggle dark mode for the current tab; you'll have to refresh the other tabs to also switch the dark mode. Is that perhaps what you mean?

I can confirm changing the value myLangs works, thank you.

Unfortunatelybut I have the same issue with the dark theme, it doesn't stay active after a refresh even when only one tab is open. The value for darkMode at line 30 only shows "darkMode();".

I also have a problem when the page is in French in the upper left corner. There is a little white bar which I think could be moved to the left so it doesn't go into the text. Here is a screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/mMnvYjQ.png

GuillaumeSahip
§
Gönderildi: 19.01.2021
Düzenlendi: 19.01.2021

Unfortunatelybut I have the same issue with the dark theme, it doesn't stay active after a refresh even when only one tab is open. The value for darkMode at line 30 only shows "darkMode();"

No, your add-on that handles the userscript (ViolentMonkey, GreaseMonkey, etc.) should have the ability to set values. They're in a place in the add-on interface, separate from the code. This is also where you should change the value for myLangs, not directly in the code. This way, updates won't screw with your preferred settings. I asked you already which add-on you were using, you might have overlooked that question.

I also have a problem when the page is in French in the upper left corner. There is a little white bar which I think could be moved to the left so it doesn't go into the text. Here is a screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/mMnvYjQ.png

Should be fixed with 2.1.8

Deleted user 729386
§
Gönderildi: 20.01.2021

Unfortunatelybut I have the same issue with the dark theme, it doesn't stay active after a refresh even when only one tab is open. The value for darkMode at line 30 only shows "darkMode();"

No, your add-on that handles the userscript (ViolentMonkey, GreaseMonkey, etc.) should have the ability to set values. They're in a place in the add-on interface, separate from the code. This is also where you should change the value for myLangs, not directly in the code. This way, updates won't screw with your preferred settings. I asked you already which add-on you were using, you might have overlooked that question.

Should be fixed with 2.1.8

Sorry, I have indeed misunderstood your first message. I use Violentmonkey and I think I found the location to change the values out of the main code. However, dark mode doesn't stay active even though the value is set to true: https://i.imgur.com/fr647Vk.png

Thanks a lot for the help by the way, appreciate it.

GuillaumeSahip
§
Gönderildi: 22.01.2021

Yes, it does. Just not Wikipedia's start page www.wikipedia.org. Try adding Wikipedia as a search engine to your browser, like most do, so you'll never have to see that ugly start page again.

Cevap paylaş

Yanıt göndermek için oturum açın.