Greasy Fork is available in English.

Tartışmalar » Greasy Fork Geri Bildirimi

Show results for all languages by default?

§
Gönderildi: 08.10.2020

Hey there!

Every search I make on Greasyfork I have to click "Show results for all languages.".
Is there any way to make it the default?

Thanks!

§
Gönderildi: 16.10.2020

Me too.
And I'm worrying that newcomers might tend to miss the result of the rest of languages.

§
Gönderildi: 17.10.2020

I would guess the most common will be people who only want scripts in their language. I could make it a setting to change the default for a particular user, but that would not help newcomers.

§
Düzenlendi: 17.10.2020

If default results was in all languages and "Filter by your language" option was shown, cautious newcomer can easily notice the option, and even careless newcomer could find wanted script through annoying various languages. Additionally, sometimes even non-English users might find global brands such as YouTube or Google and they can read easy English.

On the other hand, if default results was filtered by particular language and "Show results for all languages" option was shown, cautious newcomer can also notice the option, but careless newcomer just miss the script.

The best way is the former one and the header option "Filter by your language" should be more highlighted.

§

If you are a Finnish for example, you might see so poor result on the first view. :(
https://greasyfork.org/fi/scripts?q=YouTube

§
Gönderildi: 18.10.2020

I remain unconvinced that showing all results (which will predominantly English and Chinese) by default is useful. If I went to a site and most of the entries were in a language I couldn't read, I'd probably just leave rather than looking to turn on a language-based filter.

§
Gönderildi: 19.10.2020

I understand your worrying.
Then how about updating the option to more highlighted one from current text link to a styled notification like this? (it is shown when the browser language differs from page language)

§

(by the way, how to attatch 2 or more images on my post...? it says "Maximum of 5 PNG, ..." though)

§

(by the way, how to attatch 2 or more images on my post...? it says "Maximum of 5 PNG, ..." though)

You can multi-select in the file dialog.

§

(wow, I see!!)

§
Gönderildi: 22.11.2020

Thanks for this option, it is so nice to not have to click that button every time! As a swedish person, (or just as a "non-english person"), I did not see that many results, so this is a very nice addition to the site in my opinion!

§
Gönderildi: 22.11.2020

You can just make a script to auto click on the show all all languages button...

What I really would like is a option to hide non-english posts on the greasyfork forum.

§
Gönderildi: 23.11.2020

@JasonBarnabe
Thanks, about this https://github.com/JasonBarnabe/greasyfork/issues/711 I would like to login on greasyfork using my username, that's much shorter than writing my whole email address.
The only sad thing about these opened issues, is that some of them are opened since 5 years ago,lol...

Cevap paylaş

Yanıt göndermek için oturum açın.