Greasy Fork is available in English.

Tartışmalar » Greasy Fork Geri Bildirimi

Users shall be able to know the deletion reason for the scripts they are using

§
Gönderildi: 23.05.2023
Düzenlendi: 23.05.2023

Noted that there are many Chinese userscripts are similar that they might get removed, deleted, or banned.

I think in the current approach, moderator_actions page, it is not sufficient for users to know what happened.

for example, the script 424574 mentioned in discussion 184547, there is no moderator record in the moderator_actions page. (Remarks: checked between 2023/04/25 and 2023/05/23)

I guess it might be deleted by the script developer itself rather than deleted by the moderators.

However, when clicking the link, there is only "The script you requested has been deleted, but here are some related scripts."

As GreasyFork already have the records of moderator_actions, I think it is not difficult to add the "reason" to this message. Just tell the user the related moderator's action, or whether it is deleted by the developer itself or not. It would make the users to understand the situation easier.

§

It also applies to user page as well. https://greasyfork.org/users/xxxxxxxx
Now there is only "banned", but should also show the related moderator action to let users know why

NotYouMod
§

Noted that there are many Chinese userscripts are similar that they might get removed, deleted, or banned.

Yeah, because many of those user-scripts are repost, of deleted user-script.

I think in the current approach, moderator_actions page, it is not sufficient for users to know what happened.

As I understand, the original user-script was deleted due to obfuscated code.

for example, the script 424574 mentioned in https://greasyfork.org/en/discussions/greasyfork/184547, there is no moderator record in the moderator_actions page.

You have not looked for enough time, it was deleted on April 23, so it's an old report.

However, when clicking the link, there is only "The script you requested has been deleted, but here are some related scripts."

Correct, that's because your user rights aren't enough to access the deleted script.

As GreasyFork already have the records of moderator_actions, I think it is not difficult to add the "reason" to this message.
Just tell the user the related moderator's action, or whether it is deleted by the developer itself or not.
It would make the users to understand the situation easier.

Okay, now I think that's when Jason should answer because he's administrator of the website, so he knows the reason why reason isn't available for the users.

Now there is only "banned", but should also show the related moderator action to let users know why

FYI, most of the banned users are banned due to spam.

§

You have not looked for enough time, it was deleted on April 23, so it's an old report.

I believe there is bug in moderator_actions's page. Such record is not shown in my side.

2023.04.26 ~ 2023.04.21 are listed in page 10

Here is my screenshot ( Visual-ed by script 466908 GreasyFork Moderator Actions Log Viewer )

§

Okay, now I think that's when Jason should answer because he's administrator of the website, so he knows the reason why reason isn't available for the users.

Yes, hope Jason will join this discussion.

If the reason is stated, the user would not ask why it is deleted and other scripts are kept (they believe it is because of reports of duplication / spam)

If no reason shown, people just get mad and ask you why.

NotYouMod
§

I believe there is bug in moderator_actions's page. Such record is not shown in my side.

2023.04.26 ~ 2023.04.21 are listed in page 10

Here is my screenshot ( Visual-ed by script 466908 GreasyFork Moderator Actions Log Viewer )

Oh, sorry I was talking about the report created in 2022. And looks like it's been fixed at the same day, so I believe the author deleted the script himself.

§
Gönderildi: 24.05.2023

I have adjusted it so that if a script was deleted as a result of a report, it will link to the report.

§
Gönderildi: 24.05.2023

I have adjusted it so that if a script was deleted as a result of a report, it will link to the report.

Could you also add the messsge to those scripts deleted by the author rather than moderators?

Eg https://greasyfork.org/scripts/424574

[Not just deleted, but by who]

Cevap paylaş

Yanıt göndermek için oturum açın.