Greasy Fork is available in English.

Tartışmalar » Greasy Fork Geri Bildirimi

Question about licenses

§
Gönderildi: 11.04.2023

So, I'm currently working on a script and I'm fine with people; using, modifying, commercial use, etc. Honestly, the WTFPL is almost perfect.

However, I don't want the licensed material to modify the script to add "a certain function". How could I do that?

For context, the user script is a mod for a game, moomoo.io, I'm fine with people modifying the script adding new features, removing some, and tinkering however they like... as long as they don't add code to allow auto-heal or instant kill using the script.

Is this possible? If so, how could I do it?

NotYouMod
§

You can only give or not give permission to modify the script, there is nothing in between.

§

You can only give or not give permission to modify the script, there is nothing in between.

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

§
Düzenlendi: 11.04.2023

Another question: related, if I have a user script on a 'No License' license, anyone who re-distributes, modifies, etc, can be subject to takedowns, litigation, etc.

However just to be clear, if I don't report the script, will nothing happen to that script? Or to put it another way, are there mods on GF that look for user scripts that violate licenses and take them down?

§

A license serves to state the terms by which you allow others to use/modify your license. You could certainly invent a license that allows for changes except for changes of a particular kind. The license lets others know (including mods) what kind of distribution you allow. For example, you could put:

@license GPL3 with the added restriction that no auto-heal or instant kill features be added

It's not really GPL3 if you add that term, but we would understand what you intend.

Whether you have a license or not, you can also grant explicit permission to other people. Problem is that us mods won't know about this unless you state it somewhere.

We do not only allow reports of unauthorized copies from the original author. Anyone can report anything, including automated processes.

§

Fully understand, thanks.

§
Gönderildi: 12.04.2023

understood* (how long does the Edit button stay before it disappears?)

Cevap paylaş

Yanıt göndermek için oturum açın.