Greasy Fork is available in English.

Embedded Youtube Video Full HD and No Annotations

Auto selects the highest resolution on all Youtube Videos AND embedded youtube videos on ALL webpages!

< Feedback on Embedded Youtube Video Full HD and No Annotations

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 20-03-2015

Problem with Embedded Youtube Videos

Your script makes lots of Embedded Youtube Videos unplayable: " ... restricted from playback on certain sites."
When turned off, everything works fine with the same videos.
You can check this behaviour here.

§
Posted: 21-03-2015

Thank you for reporting this!
I am currently looking into it and think I know the problem,
YouTube updated some copyright terms and what you are seeing is blocked because the Warner Music Group (WMG) has told YouTube to do so. This apparently happens to a lot of external YouTube videos but can be worked around if done right.
There will be an update soon,
Thanks again,
Daniel.

§

I am not having this problem, it is a country specific problem so I updated the script, can you please tell me if it has fixed the problem? If not, I will do an extensive look at the problem and will fix it within the next 2 weeks, sorry for the long timeline, it is just unpredictable if I can't see the issue. So try the new update (2.3) and tell me if it worked! *fingers crossed, but I will probably have to do workarounds for affected countries*
Thanks again,
Daniel

§

Version 2.3 didn't fix the problem.
I'm not sure that this is connected with country restrictions, cause I can watch these videos freely with script turned off.
Hope you can fix it.

§
Posted: 22-03-2015

Ahh that is a true point, I am in wonder why it works for me then :/ I will try in different browsers and different environments (Mobile, Windows, Mac OSX, Linux) to see if any of them can come up with the problem, that would definitely help me fix this. It might even be a browser related issue. Anyway, will do some research and will (hopefully) have it up and running soon!

Thanks,
Daniel

§
Posted: 23-03-2015

Ok, finally got round to finishing my research. This is only a problem for Firefox. Safari and Chrome both work perfectly. I have no clue why it doesn't block videos on Chrome and Safari, because they apparently infringe copyrights. Haha..... This however doesn't explain why it works without the script running so, more research!

§
Posted: 23-03-2015

Daniel, you can compare/analyze Youtube Embed Tweak script, which works in this situation, but is too messy and intrusive for me to use.

§
Posted: 25-03-2015

I am coming close to a solution for this script, I believe I have discovered why it isn't working on Firefox, if the video loads in an iframe (which is what it currently does), it will work fine, but Firefox appears to handle page redirects inside of an iframe that are done via location.href rather than via modifying the iframe src attribute differently, and this seems to be the underlying problem. I believe that picking out the Auto HD part of the script you referred to me and using it with my current script would be a major mission as they follow different methods of injection. I have tested the script on Chrome and the Auto HD part of it doesn't work on Chrome, so it isn't really worth it anyway if the opposite is just going to occur.

§
Posted: 31-03-2015

Hey SandyMan. I have recently updated the script, feel free to read what changed in the version, basically new rules had to be set to Firefox to accept what the script wanted it to do. All should be fixed now, but if you do run into any issues, please report them to me, the script is in 3.0.-1, -1 meaning 3.0 -1 version, basically meaning if everything is fine, ill just make it 3.0 .

Thank you again for initially reporting this!
Daniel.

§

Well, the problem is solved for embedded videos, but now there is a compatibility issue with YouTube Link Title script, which opens videos in iframe on the same page. Now videos do not open in HD.
You can check this on reddit videos.

§

Ahh compatibility... how fun ;) Will attempt to fix it soon... SOON! :)
Thanks again!
Daniel.

§
Posted: 08-04-2015

Was the script compatible with YouTube Link Title before it was updated? I can not find a solution, it shall just clash it seems like.

§

After update to version 37 of Firefox all Youtube videos (most part of them) are loaded in HTML5 version, which has no compatibility problem with "YouTube Link Title" script.
But those videos, that are loaded in flash, or when you use Firefox versions below 37 and version 37.0.1 (which loads all videos in flash by default), there is a compatibility problem, mentioned above - videos do not open in HD.

§

So videos loading in flash is the problem?

§

Wait a minute, are you stating that without my script, YouTube Link Title doesn't work on Firefox 37? As in they don't load in HD because of YouTube Title Link not being compatible?

§
Edited: 08-04-2015

YouTube Link Title works as intended.
YouTube Link Title + Embedded Youtube Video Full HD + Youtube Video in flash = flash video in iframe without HD
To reproduce: install two scripts on latest stable Firefox (37.0.1), open reddit videos in one tab and https://www.youtube.com/html5 in another. When html5 is turned off, you'll see the problem.

§

Thank you for looking into this, yes I see what you mean with Flash being the cause of all trouble. I will experiment with the html=1 parameter which is sometimes used to force HTML5 videos to load, and use it on the embedded YouTube videos. I will also experiment with other solutions if the html5 parameter does not work.
I am sorry I am taking so long to reply, just very busy at the moment.

Thanks for your patience,
Daniel.

§
Posted: 11-04-2015

Okay, I have got feedback from someone else with this issue previously, and they said with 37.0.1, all was fixed. They do not have the Youtube Link Title script, but my script works perfectly (according to them) even with Flash on the latest Firefox version. This is just a confliction that can never be solved, I am sorry to say.

Feel free to uninstall my script if you don't feel as though it does what it is meant to do.
Thank you for your support so far anyway and I hope you are not saddened too much by this outcome.

Thanks,
Daniel.

§

The solution was suggested by azizLIGHT here, though it's not convenient to edit script every time with its update.
Never say never.

§

I am glad to see that you have found your own solution. Yes I did think of this but didn't grasp the fact that you could do it with just the YouTube Link Title Script, I always thought of making the two scripts work together, haha I was obviously thinking too logically. It would be better for you to add a highest quality checker and from that set the &vq=(whatever quality is then the highest). I don't know if always setting &vq=hd1080 Will automatically find the highest quality, I know it used to work, then it changed and I had to make this script, but YouTube is known for going back to previous methods so maybe it does work.

Sign in to post a reply.