Greasy Fork is available in English.

Neverwinter gateway - Profession Automation

Automatically selects professions for empty slots

< Feedback on Neverwinter gateway - Profession Automation

Question/comment

§
Posted: 04-03-2015

Auto acquisition of character names

I think this topic has been brought up before.

I would like to have the script automatically gather my character names. How hard would that be? I know others have more characters than I do and I am sure they would really appreciate the automation of at least acquiring the character names.

§

i have many and it took me a few mins to input all manually. why bother coding that for such an easy task?

§

Agreed it can be a pain to type them, especially if you like to have it installed in many locations (laptop, desktop, work, etc.)

Portable chrome is great because you can always copy the portable folder and get the char names saved with the script and run on any computer.

When upgrading a version of the script it seems like it used to wipe out my saved characters. After I started copying the new script on top of the existing one (not installing but copy the text of the new script, open old script in tampermonkey, select all, paste new script on top of old, save) character names were still there and no retyping. Doesn't exactly address your request but maybe it will help someone.

Rotten_mindAuthor
§
Posted: 05-03-2015
Edited: 05-03-2015
When upgrading a version of the script it seems like it used to wipe out my saved characters. After I started copying the new script on top of the existing one (not installing but copy the text of the new script, open old script in tampermonkey, select all, paste new script on top of old, save) character names were still there and no retyping. Doesn't exactly address your request but maybe it will help someone.

When you got that char. wipe after installation, I need know what version caused that.

Updating should not do that.

About "Auto acquisition of character names", need first "fix" character count "bug", you can increase char. count but deduct... you must delete script if yousetup too many char.(I first wrote long text to explain... this is better)

Check link below and ask changes for Github build,

https://github.com/noonereally/NW-Profession-Bot

I can use that version myself, but I will NOT support it. It works really well, but cause too many question.

§
Posted: 14-04-2015

Where are character names and profession tasks saved? It is not too difficult to type in all the names again, but hard part for me is remembering this character was doing 3 leadership 3 jewelcrafting 3 alchemy, this other character was doing 6 leadership 3 platesmithing, etc...

Rotten_mindAuthor
§
Posted: 14-04-2015
Where are character names and profession tasks saved? It is not too difficult to type in all the names again, but hard part for me is remembering this character was doing 3 leadership 3 jewelcrafting 3 alchemy, this other character was doing 6 leadership 3 platesmithing, etc...

Tasklist is easy find, just open Tampermonkey tab and script.

Chracternames/character tasks, are GM_Value -stuff not easy to edit.

Sign in to post a reply.