Greasy Fork is available in English.

Forbes - Skip Welcome Screen

Skips the welcome screen; The one with the "Thought of the Day" and the full page ad. Pretty much simulates clicking the link, "Skip this welcome screen", as soon as the welcome screen loads.

< Feedback on Forbes - Skip Welcome Screen

Question/comment

§
Posted: 04-11-2014
Edited: 04-11-2014

Incompatibility with ABP-list

Hello.

This script doesn't work when used with Adblock Plus and Fanboy's Enhanced Trackers List.

killerbadgerAuthor
§
Posted: 09-11-2014
Edited: 09-11-2014

Thank you for the troubleshooting to the point of that particular list. I am able to replicate this issue, so I will take a look and try to fix that. Upon first glance, the reason for this is not immediately apparent to me.
=========
Edit/update:
So, upon looking at that list, it seems to have a lot of whitelist domains, presumably because because it would otherwise break those pages. And that's exactly what it is doing here. With Fanboy's Enhanced Tracking List enabled, you cannot manually click the 'Continue to Site' button, which is essentially what this script simulates to skip the page.
I suspect that this domain would simply need to be added to one or more of the exceptions within the list (/_omniture/* and _s_code_ look like good candidates).
I want to re-emphasize that this is a bug with that specific list - it breaks the web page. You should really report this as a bug to Fanboy.

In the mean time, you can fix this by adding the following exception rule (ABP Options > Add your own filters):
@@||images.forbes.com/scripts/omniture/*
I hope this helps you out.
If the script now works for you, please consider leaving a positive rating =)

§
Posted: 04-05-2015
Edited: 04-05-2015

Saw your reply just now. Thanks for the help.
Currently I can't get the script to work at all, even in a new profile with only GM installed.

Sign in to post a reply.