Greasy Fork is available in English.

Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Greasy Fork server is unstable

Deleted user 663313
§
Posted: 25-08-2020
Edited: 25-08-2020

When I visit a page, it is slow to load, and worse still, sometimes I even get an error page

502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)

It has nothing to do with my network, in that I use a VPN with many nodes.

§
Posted: 27-08-2020

I'm worrying it too.
The site have been in such a situation sometimes in the past, so I guess it was caused by something temporal cracking attack...?

§
Posted: 27-08-2020
Edited: 28-08-2020

I don't' know if it's due of that but when using this script:
Super_preloaderPlus_one_New (Preload and Autopager)

I experience some strange things:
No matter how i change its settings, on some pages, the script load a next page when it's not need (load the same content ).
Example Test link :
- Only 2 comments but add/load a next page):
https://greasyfork.org/fr/discussions?user=52450

- Same for scripts list (here set with no pagination):
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts?per_page=100&set=358055&sort=updated

I posted a request to the dev, but that's strange, before it worked like a charm...
My post about that:
Problem on Greasyfork forum: Your script add an another page container when their is not an another pag

§
Posted: 28-08-2020

I have not seen any 502 errors personally. It's possible there was a temporary increase in traffic, or possible that there's a regular increase in traffic during hours I'm not paying attention.

I'll keep an eye on it.

§

Still 502 errors ....

§

There was a missing index on the comments table that was making the user page load slowly, which was taxing the server. This was a new query since moving to the new forum.

Adding the index has greatly sped up that page, so hopefully that fixes it. Looking at the logs, 502s were happening every minute right up to when I made that change, and none in the 10 minutes since.

§
Posted: 29-08-2020

good news :-)

Sign in to post a reply.