Greasy Fork is available in English.

Google Image Direct View

A different take on Google direct image viewer

< Spätná väzba na Google Image Direct View

Hodnotenie: Dobré - skript funguje

§
Pridaný: 17.04.2021
Upravený: 17.04.2021

Have been a long time fan of this script but I've encountered an issue recently. After navigating to the image, drag-and-dropping the image to desktop results in corrupted image file named "Search.jpg" or "Search.png". The only work around is to manually navigate to the URL again (simply refreshing the page does not work). Alternatively, Right click-> Save Image As... functionality still works.

navchandarAutor
§
Pridaný: 17.04.2021
Upravený: 17.04.2021

After navigating to the image, drag-and-dropping the image to desktop results in corrupted image file named "Search.jpg" or "Search.png".

This doesn't seem to be an issue for me with Chrome and Windows 10 machine. Can you tell me more about your system?

Like Browser name, version, OS name and version.

§
Pridaný: 29.04.2021

Sorry for delayed response!
I'm on latest Firefox build 88.0 (x64), Windows 10. I recorded a short clip demonstrating the behavior: https://streamable.com/57vd5b

As you can see, dragging the photo from the preview in Google Images works. However, when navigating to the image itself and attempting to drag, the image doesn't save properly. Manually navigating to the URL again fixes the issue.

navchandarAutor
§
Pridaný: 29.04.2021

This seems like a valid bug but I honestly have no idea what causes this.

Since the same script works fine in Chrome and the issue occurs only when dragging and dropping from Firefox image viewer tab, leads me to believe it is an issue with the Firefox browser itself, rather than the script.

§
Pridaný: 14.05.2021
Upravený: 14.05.2021

Interesting. I can live with it as I can still save from the Google Images preview but I just thought I would bring it up. There's another script similar to yours, Google DWIMages (https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/29420-google-dwimages), but instead of creating a direct link to the image in the Google Images preview panel, it creates a direct link in the search results themselves. However, this also means that clicking on the images no longer opens up the preview panel and, which is a feature I still find useful the reason I prefer your script.

The interesting thing is that the direct link created by Google DWIMages doesn't have the drag and drop bug. I'm able to navigate to image directly and drag and drop works as normal. I'm wondering if maybe there's something from that script that might be helpful to identify a workaround?

navchandarAutor
§
Pridaný: 15.05.2021

Thanks for the info. I will check it out!

Pridať odpoveď

Aby ste mohli pridať odpoveď, prihláste sa.