A userscript that collapses markdown headers
- This script makes all markdown headers clickable and toggles the view of all content between same level headers (e.g. between H2 headers).
- It works on readme, issues, markdown preview, wiki & gist pages. Pretty much everywhere on GitHub.
- Click on any header to toggle the view of the content below it.
- Use Shift + Click to toggle the view of all same level header content.
- When the content of a header is expanded, all sub-headers are also expanded.
- Links within the header are still clickable.
- Can be used along with the GitHub-table-of-contents & the GitHub-collapse-in-comment userscripts.
Use the userscript addon to change these settings (see screenshot below):
- "Set collapse markdown state" to
expanded by default) which collapses all header content initially.
- "Set collapse markdown colors" to an JSON array with six color values (accepts named, hex, rgb, hsl, etc). For example:
// palette generated by http://tools.medialab.sciences-po.fr/iwanthue/
// (colorblind friendly; soft)
["#6778d0", "#ac9c3d", "#b94a73", "#56ae6c", "#9750a1", "#ba543d"]
These six colors apply to the H1 through H6 header arrows respectively.
- After changing either option, make sure to reload the page (Shift + F5) to have the updated setting take effect.
Hosted with ♥ at GitHub