Greasy Fork is available in English.

Pinterest.com Backup Original Files

Download all original images from your Pinterest.com profile. Creates an entry in the Greasemonkey menu, just go to one of your boards, scroll down to the last image and click the option in the menu.

< Обсуждения Pinterest.com Backup Original Files

Отзыв: Плохой — скрипт не работает

This doesn't work because the download button has disappeared. Please fix this.

cuziАвтор
§
Создано: 12.02.2021

I have updated it

Now when I click download I keep getting a javascript alert asking me if I want to scroll down, then when I click OK I am asked again and again repeatedly. Please change it so it keeps scrolling down automatically to fetch the images, instead of asking me. That way it can keep scrolling in the background.

cuziАвтор
§
Создано: 20.02.2021

I have updated it, it should keep scrolling now until it reaches the bottom

§
Отредактировано: 20.02.2021

There's a bug with the scrolling. Often it ends scrolling too soon, so it doesn't pick up all the images.
I've just tested the user script now on the same board, three times to get three zip files.
The zip files contained, 136, 138 and 366 images respectively.

Here's the board in question http://pinterest.com/desbest/hair

cuziАвтор
§

Apparently you need to keep the tab visible, if you switch to another tab or window, pinterest will stop loading new images. I cannot do anything about that.

The other thing might be a slow internet connection (or slow pinterest server). If it scrolls and the images are not loaded yet when it scrolls again, it skips some images. I changed the script to make it scroll a little bit slower. If that is not enough you can try to change the time between scrolling yourself. It's the 20th line in the source code: "const scrollPause = 1000" That means it waits 1000 milliseconds = 1 second between every scroll down. You can try to use a higher number like 2000 and check if that helps.

You're right. If a the user moves to another web browser tab or window, the scrolling process fails to work which then ends loading more images.

cuziАвтор
§
Создано: 21.02.2021

I thought about it and I think it is probably the browser itself that slows down the background tabs to save CPU time and energy. I don't know how to circumvent it. Also I don't really want to put too much effort into this script, because I just use it like two or three times per year.

I added a hint to the alert to keep the tab in the foreground. And now the script should just stop when the tab is in the background and then resume once the tab is active again. That should make it at least usable.

Ответить

Войдите, чтобы ответить.