Discussions » Creation Requests

Scroll UP/Down button

§
Posted: 2014-10-28

Scroll UP/Down button

Hi, I was wondering if someone could write a script which could show a bottom pointing arrow button when the web page is scrolled up and a top pointing arrow button when the web page is scrolled down. When the bottom pointing arrow button is clicked, it will scroll the web page all the way to the bottom of the page & when the top pointing arrow button is clicked, it will scroll all the way to the top of the page.

This is an excellent idea and I have not seen such a script before. Please refer this page for an example of what I mean. Notice that you will see a top pointing arrow in the bottom right corner of the page as you start scrolling down the page.

http://www.fsllq.com/feature.html#top

Any ideas?

§
Posted: 2014-10-29
Edited: 2014-10-29

Try this which I recommend.

My Mouse Gestures
author: Peer Zeng
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/4776-my-mouse-gestures

● Rightclick and drag the mouse up for top of page.
● Rightclick and drag down for bottom of page.
● Rightclick drag to left to go backward a page.
● Rightclick drag to right to go forward a page.
You can make these drags anywhere on the page and at any point on the page, not just at top or bottom of page.

Advantages:
▬ No button to search for and clutter on the page.
▬ No button to aim for to click.
▬ No sliding the mouse from way over on the left side of page over to the rightside of page to get to the button.

§
Posted: 2014-11-01

Ok, I just realized that the Home and End buttons on the keyboard do the trick. Thats so stupid of me not to figure it out. Anyway, thanks!!

§
Posted: 2014-11-02
Edited: 2014-11-02

Try this script, it work very well:
Scroll to Bottom or Top
And if you want , try my suggestion for Smaller icons

§
Posted: 2014-11-03
Ok, I just realized that the Home and End buttons on the keyboard do the trick.

Yes but you have to remove your hand from the mouse to keyboard or look down at your keyboard to find the home key for your left hand... which costs me a couple seconds.
So I find it easy to just mousedrag up/down.

Sign in to post a reply.