Discussions » Creation Requests

Ad Blocking on PCH.com

§
Posted: 2016-09-17

Ad Blocking on PCH.com

after a recent update to the page, ad blockers won't completely block video ads on the site, between each 'game'/entry. The video itself won't show, but the ad frame stays on the screen for usually between 30 and 45 seconds. In some cases, the site won't even allow you to access certain areas if an ad blocker is detected (apparently there is a script on the site for detecting them, and if the script doesn't run the value is returned as true by default), and redirects back to pch.com main.

More discussion of the issue can be found here: https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=48305

Thanks in advance

§
Posted: 2016-09-17

I, too, am looking for help with pch.com. AdBlockPlus used to block everything and playing games was super fast, but now only the picture is blocked, but we still have to wait the entire time the ad would normally run. As pch likes to put ads before and/or after every sweepstakes, game, scratch-off, etc., it is now impossible to play without wasting hours of time. We have been receiving notifications to turn off ad blocking for months, but we were still able to play normally until recently.

§
Posted: 2019-02-25
Edited: 2019-02-25

pch.com block tour ads takes forever to playhoward12652@gmail.com

§
Posted: 2019-02-26

I have used my adblocker successfully for years until now. Could never see how anyone could help not losing interest considering how much time it takes to do everything on PCH with the ads. Don't get enough money or enjoyment to continue any games now until another blocking solution is found.

§
Posted: 2019-03-05

@paulumstead said: I have used my adblocker successfully for years until now. Could never see how anyone could help not losing interest considering how much time it takes to do everything on PCH with the ads. Don't get enough money or enjoyment to continue any games now until another blocking solution is found.

I totally agree. Used to play PCH games, etc. whenever I had downtime throughout the day, clicked on the non-intrusive banner ads multiple times a day. Now, the intrusive ads have made the site unusable.

§
Posted: 2019-03-18

I have the same issue altho I am one of the new members since a month ago so I have been dealing with it since. There is one ad blocker browser I downloaded that actually blocks the video ads but the problem with that browser it blocks everything to where the pch games won't load, only one game i could play which is mahjongg minute. The browser is called Brave. I don't know what else to do myself, as I am not sure how others in the pch game tournaments are getting away with not getting ads being the top token earners.

§
Posted: 2019-03-18

and with all being said, i'm sick of this skin cream ad that is so repetitive and almost 50 seconds long that play every single time which does not fit with the minute mania pch games.

§
Posted: 2022-01-24

There’s 3 to five advertisements per one part of a game it takes to many patients for me. It makes the games not much fun can you limit some of the advertisements please.
Jeanette Harman

I've played the PCH games for about eight years now, but quite a bit over the last couple of years. Prior to about a month ago, with AdBlock on, you could zip thru the games but that changed as you all have noted. I contacted AdBlock and they replied "it does appear that PCH has found a way to circumvent our blocks" and that they had "reported this issue to the EasyList authors to investigate"; however, nothing has improved with the PCH ad issue to date. (It has certanly changed my time spent at the PCH games.) AdBlock just told me to be sure to keep my filter list up-to-date. ?????

I would think that PCH could come up with a more balanced use of ads and/or ad times (i.e., 10 seconds per an ad) so as not to lose players and ad viewers (and lost ad revenues).

§
Posted: 2023-10-05

10.5.2023 TEMU now has a lot of PCH merch at a fraction of their overblown prices. No sweepstakes (yet) but the savings makes you a winner.

§
Posted: 2023-11-13

@paulumstead said:
I have used my adblocker successfully for years until now. Could never see how anyone could help not losing interest considering how much time it takes to do everything on PCH with the ads. Don't get enough money or enjoyment to continue any games now until another blocking solution is found.

I totally agree. Used to play PCH games, etc. whenever I had downtime throughout the day, clicked on the non-intrusive banner ads multiple times a day. Now, the intrusive ads have made the site unusable.

I understand your frustration with the impact of ads on your experience, especially on platforms like PCH. It can be challenging when ads interfere with the enjoyment and efficiency of using certain services. While I can't provide a direct solution, I recommend checking for updates or alternative ad-blocking tools that may address the issue.
Sometimes, browser updates or changes to websites can affect the performance of ad-blockers. Exploring user forums or reaching out to the ad-blocker community might provide insights or alternative solutions to enhance your browsing experience.
I hope you find a suitable solution soon, allowing you to enjoy your online activities without unnecessary interruptions.

§
Posted: 2023-11-30

Ad blockers have been valuable tools for many users in managing online content. If you're looking for alternatives or exploring different financial options, you might find this https://paydaysay.com/loan-sites-like-cashnetusa/ resource helpful.
Finding a balance between enjoying online activities and managing interruptions can be challenging. I hope you discover a solution that enhances your experience on PCH or any other online platforms you frequent.

Sign in to post a reply.