Discussions » Creation Requests

How do I change sub-titles in FaceBook and Wiki?

§
Posted: 2014-10-22
Edited: 2014-10-22

How do I change sub-titles in FaceBook and Wiki?

I'm using a universal style. The issue is that on wIki and FB, for example, the font size of the sub-titles are small. I want to increase the font size in the sub-titles only and change the font style to arial.

I attached my style and 2 images so you can see circled in red are the sub-titles that need fixing. I'd like just the code so I can add to my style. It would be very helpful...

§
Edited: 2014-10-22

Usually a browser's default style sheet will make h1, h2, h3, etc., larger than body text and render them in sans-serif font. Does your preferred browser not do that automatically?

You can experiment with something along these lines:

h1, h2, h3 {font-family:Arial,sans-serif;}
h1 {font-size:150%;}
h2 {font-size:125%;}
h3 {font-size:110%;}

Edit: I didn't open FB to look at whether they use standard HTML tags or custom styled div/span tags. You can inspect your in a desktop browser to see what selectors you need.

§
Edited: 2014-10-23
Usually a browser's default style sheet will make h1, h2, h3, etc., larger than body text and render them in sans-serif font.

You can experiment with something along these lines:

h1, h2, h3 {font-family:Arial,sans-serif;}
h1 {font-size:150%;}
h2 {font-size:125%;}
h3 {font-size:110%;}

Edit: I didn't open FB to look at whether they use standard HTML tags or custom styled div/span tags. .

Hi Jefferson.. I typed in the codes into the style I'm using for wiki and FB in Stylish. But it failed to render the sub-titles larger and in Arial font. Let me know what are your other suggestions. Thanks.

--EDIT--
Hi, Jefferson.. I found the culprit of the problem. At the end of my code, theres a code that says:

*{font-size: 97% !important;}
}

When I delete this code, the style works and the sub-titles show up in their normal larger size in Wiki. But the problem with this is that the font throughout wiki becomes a little too big. So, is there any way to increase the font size of the subtitles without changing the font size of the rest of the Wiki page?

§
Posted: 2014-10-23

There were no font-size rules in your TXT file that you posted. Obviously that would have been good to know before.

Instead of using the universal selector (*) use specific selectors for types of elements you want to shrink, such as div, span, p, td

Or try something like this to change the base font size of the body:

body {font-size:15px !important;}

Or you might need a combination.

§
Posted: 2014-10-23

Instead of using the universal selector (*) use specific selectors for types of elements you want to shrink, such as div, span, p, td

Or try something like this to change the base font size of the body:

body {font-size:15px !important;}

Or you might need a combination.

Wow! Jefferson.. Thank you so much for the help. It worked like a charm!!!

Sign in to post a reply.