Add buttons (past 1/2/3 days, weeks, PDF search etc.) for Google search page

< Feedback on Google Search Extra Buttons

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2018-12-12
Edited: 2018-12-12

Search on Google startpage working but not in search results

First, thank you for this great script.

If I search from Google startpage, the scripts working when pressing on e.g. search on reddit. But in the result page it does not work. It refreshes the search when pressing on an website in drop down menue of the script but it´s not searching in the chosen website. The other search options eg days, month, year etc are working...

spmbtAuthor
§

Hi! Maybe, if you press Enter? If I press mouse on the button, it's works. If you press Enter, script removes texts "site: ..." and "filetype: ..." for remove duplicates or contradictory commands. Without it, Google was remember old commands (maybe, from parameter "oq") and I insert invisible button "Srch" with such function especially for Enter.

§

No, I use the mouse pointer. I have to say its only on Chrome. With Firefox it works. Its not putting "site: ..." after the word that I searched for. Strange. If I´m the only one with this problem maybe I try reinstall Chrome.

spmbtAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-12-13
Edited: 2018-12-13

OK, I was show bug, it's fixed (v. 38.2018.12.13). But in Fx side effect is stay: search by site (by button in list, not by click on the loupe) cleans filetype:xxx (will be fixed later). "Bug-feature" from sibling topis get cleaning both filetype: and site: on press of Enter. I attempt solve it later also.

(In future this mechanics will be perfectable: search by site: OR site: etc.)

§
Posted: 2018-12-15

Yes, it´s fixed. Great! :)

Sign in to post a reply.