Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Block unwanted sites from your Google, DuckDuckGo, Startpage.com, Bing and Yahoo search results. v2.2.8 2023-07-19

< Feedback on Google Hit Hider by Domain (Search Filter / Block Sites)

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2018-09-04
Edited: 2018-09-06

[FIXED] 'Manage Hiding' button missing with Firefox 51.0.1 - but is working w/ Fx-52.9.0ESR

Hi JS! I'm doing some testing, trying to create a portable Firefox build using the pre-WebExtensions versions. So this isn't really a fix request, as this refers to older versions of GM & Firefox.

Still... if you can fix it, bravo!

So, as was reported before, 'Manage Hiding' is not showing up. To give more details than was provided before:

Firefox 51.0.1 (portable) - I'm using this because it's the last full FF version before the code was infected by WebExtensions. {sorry, a little bias there.} GM 3.11 - using it for the same reason. GHHbD 1.99 - using this because it includes the wonderful TLD blocking, and the correction for partial domains, so I wanted to get these latest&greatest features.

This is a fairly clean profile, with no other userscripts--just GHHbD, perhaps 2-3 addons, and no customized FF preferences (i.e. user.js).

With this combo, 'Manage Hiding' button is not appearing in any Gsearch results, including the sample you gave in the other report -- but it does show as checked & active in the Greasemonkey icon dropdown.

FYI-- I also use combo FF 52.9.0ESR (portable)/ GM 3.11 / GHHbD 1.99 which is working perfectly, so this is (definitely?) an issue with Firefox. (side-note: combo FF 45.9.0ESR (portable)/ GM 3.11 / GHHbD 1.99 does NOT work; using GHHbD 1.82 does.)

Here's the info I get from Browser Console: missing ; before statement Google_Hit_Hider_by_Domain_(Search_Filter_Block_Sites).user.js:801:6 which also points to the async function updtpref(e){ line

If there's other testing I can help with, let me know.

§
Posted: 2018-09-05

@Azazello said: Here's the info I get from Browser Console: missing ; before statement Google_Hit_Hider_by_Domain_(Search_Filter_Block_Sites).user.js:801:6 which also points to the async function updtpref(e){ line

Oh...

async function wasn't supported before Firefox 52, according to https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Statements/asyncfunction#Browsercompatibility

And the corresponding await operator also wasn't supported:

https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Operators/await#Browser_compatibility

Could you try deleting both async before function in the 26 places it appears and await before calls to that function in the 39 places that appears? GM4.x won't work any more, but you don't have to worry about that in your setup.

Will that work on Firefox 51?

§
Posted: 2018-09-06

@"Jefferson Scher" said: Could you try deleting both async before function in the 26 places it appears and await before calls to that function in the 39 places that appears? GM4.x won't work any more, but you don't have to worry about that in your setup.

Will that work on Firefox 51?

Followed your instructions, and now both v51 & v45 are working! Plus, getting all the benefits of GHHbD 1.99 (tested & confirmed)

Thank you!

Sign in to post a reply.