Discussions » Creation Requests

[Mostly Solved] Download of images and...

§
Posted: 2015-03-20
Edited: 2015-04-19

[Mostly Solved] Download of images and...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/261570/ -- Ori and the Blind Forest on Steam

The above link is just an example of what I am asking for help with. I am on another site with some friends and I get the bulk of my media from Steam when doing examples.

What I was wondering if could be done is a button added, ideally right at the end of the titles name, that when pushed would kick in the browsers 'Save Image Now' option at full resolution if the links were opened up. As it is now I am forced to Ctrl + LClick to open the images into a new tab before going to that tab to download the images. With this page that added up to opening 31 tabs and then downloading the images including the header.jpg.

As a bonus it would be nice to have a new page open to youtube looking for a trailer video.

Possible? It would save me a great deal of time since on some days I can do up to 20 of these.

wOxxOmMod
§
Edited: 2015-03-20

You can simply Alt-click the full size link to save it.

§

Hmm... One of my script blockers in FF must be blocking that popup I see in Chrome that displays those images..

I checked the image against the pages source code for the page and it lists them there so it is not brought in by a script.

wOxxOmMod
§

Well, whitelist the site in your scriptblocker.

As for the trailer, here's a userscript.

§

I did white-list it and now I see the image pop up. Better and easier than before.

So the idea for downloading images that start with 'SS_' moot now? Just asking so as to not keep checking for updates on the page.

And thanks for the youtube script. It's perfect.

wOxxOmMod
§

Well, a really handy solution would be to save all the images with just a single click but that would require making a browser extension/addon with permissions to save files, afaik. So I guess for now Alt-click it is.

§

Roger that

§

You can also use DownThemAll! Firefox Addon there is download filter mask there...

Sign in to post a reply.