FYTE /Fast YouTube Embedded/ Player

Hugely improves load speed of pages with lots of embedded Youtube videos by instantly showing clickable and immediately accessible placeholders, then the thumbnails are loaded in background. Optionally a fast simple HTML5 direct playback (720p max) can be selected if available for the video.

< Feedback on FYTE /Fast YouTube Embedded/ Player

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2017-06-06
Edited: 2019-01-05

[Feature Request] Fixed video quality

Hi,
It is a great script and I like to use it but I want to tell you something about this script.When I open an embedded youtube video with any video quality then the other videos which I open after this video are playing at the same video quality.However I want to play all embedded videos with fixed video quality (especially 144p).Actually I am using Youtube+ script at the same time and it has standard video quality option but this option is not working on the embedded videos.So could you add a feature like that into the script?Thanks.

wOxxOmAuthor
§

That's a useful option. I'll try to add it.

§

Thank you for your attention.

wOxxOmAuthor
§

Done.

§
Edited: 2017-06-06

Hi again,
I tried the new version but the same problem is continuing.Here is an instruction to reproduce the issue;

I open the video on this link (http://wonderfulengineering.com/watch-happens-fill-balloon-liquid-nitrogen/) with 480p quality and close the tab.
Then I open the video on this link (http://interestingengineering.com/like-eject-plane-supersonic-speeds/) but this video playing with the same quality(480p) too.

I want that I even change a video quality, the other videos which I open after this video stay fixed quality(especially 144p).
Briefly all videos must play with 144p without affected from the quality changing that I made.I hope that I could tell you what I want.I am sorry for my limited language.Thanks.

wOxxOmAuthor
§
Edited: 2017-06-06

Can't reproduce. Have you actually set the video quality in script's options panel to 144p? FYI, all inactive open tabs with videos should be manually reloaded after the option is changed.

§

Sorry I have just noticed the "options" writing on the right bottom side of the video panel.I set my standard quality and all videos are playing at the same quality.I apologize again.You made a great job.If I encounter any issue, request or something like that I will share with you.Thanks for everything.

§
Posted: 2018-02-22

Hi again, I reopen this issue because it happens again.The issue is that despite setting to the default video quality 144p from the options menu and after I change the quality when I watch a video then I reopen the video and it is not playing at 144p.Can you fix it?Thanks.

§
Posted: 2018-03-14

Do you maintain this script? I ask that because you have not released any new update to solve my problem.

wOxxOmAuthor
§

Quoting https://github.com/ParticleCore/Particle/releases/tag/1.9.6

YouTube is experimenting ignoring the ability to set the video quality programmatically, experiment flag named: html5ignorepublic_setPlaybackQuality in example source code file [...]/base.js

However the workaround used there doesn't work for me.

§

Ok, I got it.I guess I can not use this script anymore.

Sign in to post a reply.