Instagram Reloaded

View or download the full-size Instagram image/video. Super simple: press alt+f or shift & click to view media - alt & click saves file. Read for more options.

< Feedback on Instagram Reloaded

Question/comment

despecialAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-10-26
Edited: 2019-10-26

Please read everybody!

Hi there! Thanks for using the script - here is a personal update.

Today, Instagram changed the web viewing of videos again. Normally I would try to add a fix but this time it's more than a code change. They split videos into audio and video stream and play them simultaneously - doh!

So, even if the script is updated to find the source files we wouldn't be able to download the combined video file. Only audio or video without sound.

Not sure what to do now. Would you like to download videos without sound?

§
Posted: 2019-10-31

f*cking instagram! Thank you for all your effort in keeping this script updated.

I don't know if the video without audio can be useful, at least for me is very disgusting.

§
Posted: 2019-11-01

Hi, thanks for the effort. I prefer the video in maximum quality without audio to have neither. I download them more for the video than for the audio. Thank you!

despecialAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-11-02

funny thing, they switched back to the old code and currently - as a logged in user - you can download the mp4 video again. so enjoy as long as it lasts. I will try to keep it updated for as long as possible!

thanks for the feedback

§
Posted: 2020-04-15

I dont understand their mentality.. are they intentionally trying to prevent us from having this functionality? or is it just better code run? we are not causing harm to them in any way.. same thought I have for for Google's ways.. Why dont they just let us do our thing and they simply do their jobs?

despecialAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-04-15

@"Hosa Dokha" I am sure they don't want anyone except themselves to have the most comfort. But as you said, in this case the script doesn't modify or take away anything that isn't there already. So, let's see how the cat and mouse play continues.

Sign in to post a reply.