Greasy Fork is available in English.

Youtube HD

Select a youtube resolution and resize the player.

< Opinie na Youtube HD

Pytanie/komentarz

§
Napisano: 21-08-2019
Edytowano: 21-08-2019

Script sometimes broke youtube player

Hi.

For several days now script broke youtube player. It shows SOMETIMES "If playback doesnt`t begin shortly, try restarting your device." If script disable everything works fine. Please adisib, fix this issues.

Windows 10, Firefox 68.0.2, Violentmonkey.

adisibAutor
§
Napisano: 21-08-2019

Hello DurifM,

I can indeed confirm that this problem exists if a video loads without an advertisement on the new youtube layout. I use the old youtube layout, so it sometimes takes some time for me to notice. Thanks for reporting the issue!

It seemed that the new youtube layout had a change which does not like how early I try to set the resolution. I've changed the behavior for the new layout on version 2019.08.21 which I have pushed here at Greasy Fork. Can you please confirm to me that the newest version does indeed fix the issue for you as well?

§
Napisano: 22-08-2019
Edytowano: 22-08-2019

Hi adisib

No, problem is still there. It's my fault what i'm not give you all information. I`m using one more script (except yours). Which brings back the old design.

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/39544-youtube-polymer-disable/code

Some new observations. When new design is ON script works fine. If new design OFF (Polymer disable) the problem appears.

If Polymer disable and "const flushBuffer = true;" script work fine, but additional delay in loading video appears.

PS: For more than a year I have not experienced any problems at all with your script and polymer disable. As I said, the problem appeared only a week ago and does not disappear.

§
Napisano: 23-08-2019

Hello adisib, Thank you it works.

adisibAutor
§
Napisano: 27-08-2019

If anyone experiences this issue again in version 2019.08.27 or later, try setting setResolutionEarly = false to fix it.

Odpowiedz

Zaloguj się, by odpowiedzieć.