Greasy Fork is available in English.

Dyskusje » Tworzenie skryptów

what does "You are using old-format image URLs... Please update these image references as these URLs will stop working" mean?

§
Napisano: 14-11-2020

I got this message today at the top of the page, mentioning a bunch of my scripts.
I googled for [ "You are using old-format image URLs" greasyfork ] but got no results.
Seems there should be a page explaining this message.

wOxxOmMod
§
Napisano: 14-11-2020
Edytowano: 14-11-2020

It means you're using direct URLs to your screenshots in the description of those scripts e.g. ![image](https://greasyfork.org/system/screenshots/screenshots/000/005/436/original/list.png).

These URLs will stop working soon because the images are hosted externally.

§
Napisano: 15-11-2020

So then the only images that are allowed are uploaded through the 'Choose Files' button?

§
Napisano: 15-11-2020

Any image is allowed. It's just system/screenshots will stop working soon.

§
Napisano: 01-12-2020

Oh really. thank you very much.

§
Napisano: 04-12-2020

Is there still a way to embed images uploaded to GreasyFork? Or we need to find a place to host the images ourselves?

§

I recently realized that the image URLs the site uses are not permanent. I believe upgrading to Rails 6.1.0 offers a fix, and that should be out soon. I won't turn off system/screenshots until there's a way to permanently reference images you upload.

§

Everyone must have thought it was the expected behavior. :-D

I also found that the images expire after a while (5 minutes?), that's why I asked if there is a way to embed the uploaded images.

§
Napisano: 19-12-2020
Edytowano: 19-12-2020

The URLs should be permanent now. This is a test of that.

Odpowiedz

Zaloguj się, by odpowiedzieć.