YouTube Normal Thumbnails

Restores normal thumbnails size

< Feedback on YouTube Normal Thumbnails

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2019-11-13

How to remove the script??

I clicked install...and something happened and now it's permanent how do I remove it?? It's not in the extension folder..

NeoCortexAuthor
§

It depends on selected userscript manager. Click userscript manager icon (for Tampermonkey it looks like this: https://gyazo.com/dd1306d47255d3437291281fd672e8ed), then click "Control panel". In control panel you'll find installed script - little trashbin icon in the right side of the screen will remove script. If you want to keep script, but don't want to use it right now - you can disable it by just clicking on it after opening float window where control panel button resides.

§

I didn't install Tampermonkey but it still altered my YT cookie folder..I found an easier way to do it is just add this URL and save it https://www.youtube.com/?disable_polymer=1 but it's the classic YT without some good features. Mainly most people just want the UI from summer of this year with smaller Thumbnails...That would be a worthy installation if you can make it happen. Cheers

§
Posted: 2019-11-14

Having the same problem. I downloaded it and opened it. Changed my youtube layout. Not that I'm complaining, it's a lot better than what youtube offers but I wanna know how to revert it back just in case.

§
Posted: 2019-11-15

@tecchi just press F12 in Chrome and clear your cookies and it will come back..Wish Neo would explain that part took a while to figure out..

NeoCortexAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-11-16

@JPaulGetty написал: @tecchi just press F12 in Chrome and clear your cookies and it will come back..Wish Neo would explain that part took a while to figure out..

Sorry, but it's not true. My script doesn't use cookies or any type of storage at all. It just alters some styles and properties on page to make it look like old layout. But it's still new layout, from summer update. Initially, I thought you are talking about another script like Youtube - Restore Classic which alters your PREF cookie and simple removing will not restore new layout. But, obviously, it's not the case. Can you please tell me which browser you are using? I'll try to reproduce problem you got, and if I'll find something - I will update readme with proper instructions for such case.

§
Posted: 2019-11-19
Edited: 2019-11-19

Using Chrome on Win 10 64bit. Yes for some reason, it altered my cookies but perhaps it was Restore classic that stuck even after removing it, because I was installing it around the same time..but pls look into it thanks mate..

NeoCortexAuthor
§
Posted: 2019-11-25

@JPaulGetty написал: Using Chrome on Win 10 64bit. Yes for some reason, it altered my cookies but perhaps it was Restore classic that stuck even after removing it, because I was installing it around the same time..but pls look into it thanks mate..

As you said, it was Restore classic, because it works by altering cookie record. My script doesn't touch cookies at all. That's why I can't look into that, sorry. This problem was encountered because of another script, which I have no control of.

Whatever, I'm glad you solved this problem.

§
Posted: 2020-08-11

The quickest way to uninstall scripts is to remove tampermonkey from your browser, doing that will uninstall ALL your installed scripts.

NeoCortexAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-11-10
Edited: 2020-11-10

The quickest way to uninstall scripts is to remove tampermonkey from your browser, doing that will uninstall ALL your installed scripts.

Yes, but it won't revert anything in the browser storage (e.g. cookies, Local Storage). As I stated before, my script doesn't alter cookies and doesn't store any kind of data on user PC at all. So, in order to disable my script you only need to disable it in the Tampermonkey or any other userscript manager.

Sign in to post a reply.