Local YouTube Downloader

Download YouTube videos without external service.

< Feedback on Local YouTube Downloader

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2018-06-18

to improve

144p is not displayed because the list is very long for « COSTA RICA IN 4K 60fps HDR (ULTRA HD) » on YouTube (can not download audio for this video.). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXb3EKWsInQ

Optionally, it would be nice to be able to display the list of files to download without having to click on ''Toggle Links''.

Top to be able to choose the size of the font so that it is written much bigger the list of files. When I record "link target below" it does not write the name of the video ("COSTA RICA IN 4K 60fps HDR (ULTRA HD)") but ''videoplayback''.

Otherwise top this extension.

maple3142Author
§
Posted: 2018-06-18

The first problem I will resolve it by dynamically set height of the div. But about showing list without expanding it, I think it can can open for discussion. For the third ones, I don't understand why is it useful to change the font size of it?

maple3142Author
§
Posted: 2018-06-19

Height problem is solved. Just update to 0.3.6 and enjoy.

§
Posted: 2018-06-20

The button is invisible. By clicking on "Toggle Links" nothing happens. You have to click on the right or left of "Toggle Links" to display the links of the files.

No loss of quality for all files downloaded to YouTube with this script, so it's the best (no encoding). I tried full of things of 2013 to 2018 (YouTube) before getting perfection with this script.

To attach the sound to the image, i use ''Media Converter and Muxer - Audio Tools'' @InBasic with Firefox 56, but it does not detect the file names so it is impossible to attach the files in batches. For hundreds of videos it takes too much time to do one by one. Why YouTube does not offer the stream for all resolutions (1080p ...)?

Why HDR and 60 fps is unavailable in 8K & 5K but available in 4K?

maple3142Author
§

I don't know why YouTube do this. The only way to download high resolution video is download them and use other tools to merge them into one.

maple3142Author
§

And what do you mean "button is invisible"? Toggle button works find for me.

§
Posted: 2018-06-21

Invisible = white. My bug disappeared for the button because when I click on the writing "Toggle Links" it displays the links, whereas before that it did not work since it was necessary to click to the right or to the left of the writing "Toggle Links" but not on "Toggle Links" to display file links. :)

maple3142Author
§
Posted: 2018-06-21
Edited: 2018-06-21

What's you browser version? It does works fine for me. https://i.imgur.com/0BBjbbx.gif

§
Posted: 2018-06-22

I have latest version, 56.2.1 (64 bits) of Waterfox (looks a lot like Firefox). I will uninstall Waterfox to reinstall it to have an empty profile instead of a profile since 2006. I would have empty: a history, cookies and favorite, that will solve my many bug problems. Moreover, unlike before, I would not save my history because it is perhaps that which buger the browser. I would have a lot less favorite pages to store in Waterfox and fewer cookies. For example about every 30 hours of the internet I can not see the contents of the tabs. To make it work I restart Waterfox but sometimes I have to restart twice in order to go on the internet. With Chrome, I never had a bug but I prefer Waterfox which is more customizable. When it works without bug, I have the same thing as you on your .gif.

maple3142Author
§

Maybe you could update to the latest version, I modified some css to support firefox(or alternatives). I don't know whether it can works on Waterfox, but it does works on FireFox. Besides, I use CentBrowser(another Chromium based browser) for its various customization.

§

Even with the latest version of your script and other Waterfox extension I have some bugs. When I do ctrl + F5 (clear the page cache and reload the page), the bug disappears as well as for other extensions the bugs disappear. Why is it at least 10 times that the bug with your script disappears when I do ctrl + F5?

maple3142Author
§
Posted: 2018-06-23

I don't know. It seems like that waterfox has very different behavior is contrast to chrome/firefox.

maple3142Author
§
Posted: 2018-06-23

Maybe it is caused by your extension/userscript... I download the latest version of waterfox, and everything works well.

§
Posted: 2018-06-25
Edited: 2018-06-25

This is the first time I see any "under adaptive" links, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNa-x4iLK_c YouTube don't give files to download in 1080p so how to download in 1080p and the audio file? Also impossible with https://distillvideo.com/? (script distillvideo.com).

§
Edited: 2018-06-25

a

maple3142Author
§

To downlload 1080p, you have to download video and audio respectively and merge them.

maple3142Author
§
Posted: 2018-06-29

What's your userscript manager(TM,GM,VM,etc..)? Do you have any other userscript/extension related to youtube installed?

§
Posted: 2018-08-17

I have to right click, then click "save link target as" and then name the file name then click save. So it takes about 2 to 6 seconds so it's bad to download 1 file because it exceeds 0.5 seconds. If a left click it opens a new tab videoplayback is that reads the video in my tab Waterfox so it's bad (streaming). The public wifi I use near Paris is 0.25 to 1.00 Mbps, so your extension essential to watch in 8K. Rarely in public wifi I have 3.5 Mbps, so when I look at 1080p or less, I do not use your script (no video cut because enough bitrate). But with 1.00 Mbps I use your script all the time. I have tried dozens to download YouTube videos and it is you who offers the best. Top your script with version 0.6.0. I use Tampermonkey v4.7.5788. The maximum script I use is 10 including 10 for YouTube. I use ''Media Converter and Muxer - Audio Tools 0.1.9 @ InBasic'' who is top. I use ''AdBlocker for YouTube 0.2.9'' and ''Enhancer for YouTube 2.0.73'' and ''YouTube's Annotations No More 0.6".

maple3142Author
§
Posted: 2018-08-18

I couldn't fully understand what you mean. Do you mean to download the video within one click without right clicking and "save as"?

§
Posted: 2018-10-08

I use VidPaw and it does show you 144p video with audio. As for the question 2, I'm afraid that is restricted by YouTube developers.

maple3142Author
§
Posted: 2019-03-21

@EdwinB said: For me one problem is dynamically set height of the div

Why?

maple3142Author
§
Posted: 2019-03-21

@EdwinB said: You use to the font size not suitable for it

I think it is okay.

§
Posted: 2021-11-04

I never tried downloading youtube. But, will definitely try through this method. I am very busy these days completing my freelancing tasks. You should also give a try to start freelancing by helping people through your skills.
best online logo design service

Sign in to post a reply.