GDocs form field focus

Places the cursor in the first text field on a Google Docs form. Useful if you use the form in combination with a barcode scanner for example.

< Feedback on GDocs form field focus

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2018-02-19

How to automate the "submit another response" screen in google forms

I am attaching a scanner to my laptop and using a google form so that students that enter the library can just scan their school ID instead of typing in all of their information. Is there a way to automate the "submit another response" screen so that it automatically goes back to the form where they scan their barcode without having to stop and hit submit another response each time another student comes up to scan?

MelgiorAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-02-20
Edited: 2018-02-20

Hi Chris,

I've another script that takes care of that: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/11081-gdocs-display-blank-form-after-submit

- Melgior

§

Thank you that works very well. It does take a few seconds for the submit another response screen to disappear. Any way to change that? Also, student have to hit the submit button after scanning their ID. How do we get rid of that?

§

I found how to change the time from 5 seconds to 0 but still need to get rid of the submit button after they scan their ID. Would be very grateful for your help with that.

MelgiorAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-02-22

I've given that a try but Google Forms keeps giving a 'if you leave now your data might not be saved' warning if I programmatically try to submit the form, so no luck there yet.

§
Posted: 2018-08-27

Hi Melgio! I continue to use Old Forms because Enter=Submit, but not the case with New Forms. In November 2018 Old Forms will be gone. Please continue to find a way to make Enter=Submit without the "if you leave your data..." warning! Pretty Please!!!!!

MelgiorAuthor
§
Posted: 2018-08-28
Edited: 2018-08-28

Hi Suel, thank you for reminding me about this. I looked at it again and this time I was able to solve it. You can find the script here: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/371662-gdocs-form-autosubmit

Please let me know how this works for you!

Sign in to post a reply.