Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Missing translation

§
Posted: 2018-02-16

Missing translation

On the german version of the own profile page the item Delete account is not translated, the other items are.

Should be Konto löschen.

§
Posted: 2018-02-17

I have made the UI around user deletion translatable just now. You can contribute translations at https://www.transifex.com/greasy-fork/greasy-fork/languages/ . Thanks.

§

I translated a bunch of untranslated stuff but can't find the "Delete account" nor other profile menu options like "Anmeldeverfahren bearbeiten".

https://screenshots.firefox.com/3fnXdGBda112h25C/www.transifex.com

§

It updates automatically once a day. I have manually updated it, so you should see the new strings now.

§
Edited: 2018-02-18

Thanks, after your post it worked.

I wanted to finish it 100% but just now I can't save any more translations (still 16 untranslated). The button is greyed out and for some strings there is a choice "1" or "other" in the editor.
Maybe something went wrong with the following automatic update?

/edit
Hmm, seems to be an automatic function because I didn't obey all "glossary translations". But I can't always use them, as the german language needs different suffixes or the glossary translation is used wrong like "e-mail" using as a verb, which is not possible in german.

Another example: "post" is defined as "veröffentlichen", but I need "veröffentliche"

§
Posted: 2018-02-18

When you see "1" or "other", that's cases where you need to provide multiple translations based on the number of items being discussed. For example, in English it could be:

one: %{count} script
other: %{count} scripts

§

Ah that was the culprit. I'll continue translating to the best of my knowledge.

§

Translations ready, although there are 12 strings with warnings because of the mentioned suffix-problem of glossary terms.

§

I've deployed your changes. Thanks again!

Sign in to post a reply.