Amazon Giveaway Bot - Ryan Montgomery

Automates Amazon giveaway entries

< Feedback on Amazon Giveaway Bot - Ryan Montgomery

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 2018-12-08
Edited: 2018-12-08

Locked out of amazon account

I now appear unable to log into my own amazon account. It keeps trying to do a switch to a non-existant account. Now Bitwarden DOES auto fill the user and pass when the page loads but then all I get is:
There was a problem

Switching accounts failed. Please try again.

I suppose I'll have to go delete all amazon cookies now. Script is useless if it's going to do this. note I'm locked out even when the script isn't even running.

§

Deleting cookies let me get back into the account. It also reminded me I have two party authentication on my account which may be conflicting with the switching. Why are you switching exactly?

§

Got put into "switch failed" limbo again and this time after deleting the cookies I got to enter a captcha as well to confirm I wasn't a robot. Think I'm done for the time being. It's got potential but still some serious bugs.

§

maybe you have multiple accounts linked with your account? Also, possibly the two factor is throwing an error?

§

You should 100% not be locked out of your account. There's over 20 people running this script with no issue! Message me on discord & I'll see if I can assist you. 0day#5889

§

Nope..only one account....and it even shows the switch screen with me as primary an and empty 2nd slot. Not willing to disable two factor and it shouldn't be an issue unless the cookie expires which only happens every 30 days. It would manage maybe 50 sweeps before hanging on a vid sweep...I'd manually start the vid so it could finish but then at some point it would get the switch error and the script just keeps trying over and over to switch "back" to me....with it returning the error. At that point I can't even log in myself so I have to delete all amazon cookies and reopen the browser.

§
Edited: 2018-12-08

That's very odd, I haven't done any testing in Firefox but the account switching is amazons way of rate limiting you. The script is constantly searching for an account to "auto sign-in" to. I think that's what's creating this error. I will make note that 2 factor auth is not recommended.

Thanks for your insight Rudi!

§

If you want to provide a version with debug code I can run that till it happens again. It shouldn't be relevant but I'm running the script in tampermonkey on Firefox ESR (Extended service release) v52 on linux. I may try running the script in chrome and opera to see if the results differ.

§

I'm sure they will Rudi, let me know! I'm happy to fix any bugs that you find. I appreciate the quick responses.

§
Posted: 2018-12-09

I've got it running on a totally different pc (laptop) with a fresh install of chromium(chrome) and tampermonkey...it hung on a video fairly quickly so I unchecked "allow videos" and am letting it go. I intentionally did NOT press play on the video to let it complete thinking that might be what sent the script off into limbo. The firefox was a fresh install also. I think you need to doublecheck your video logic. There are some nice giveaways that make you watch 15 seconds of a video.

§

It's so strange that it's doing that for you... I have a bunch of my personal friends running it as well. That is not happening to them, are you getting any errors in the console log?

§

No errors...it did it on the chrome laptop as well after 90 or so sweeps except when I came back to it amazon was asking for a password and a captcha so it wasn't getting back in. Guess I'm giving up for now. The only extensions installed into chrome were bitwarden to fill in the password and tampermonkey. It's either linux or the two party authentication. Oh Well.

§

You can always test the two party authentication...you just run "google authenticator" on your phone and the phone scans a barcode on amazon's screen to setup the two party authentication which is a rolling 6 digit code that changes every 20 seconds or so. If someone gets my password it still does them no good unless they also have my phone and have THAT de-encrypted.

§

I understand how two-factor works haha! I just don't think its necessary for a simple tampermonkey script. I can assure you, the script will run amazingly if you turn that off. Let me know if you can think of any other errors. Thanks Rudi

§

I'll just point out the two factor isn't there for the script. It's there for the primary amazon account the script is running on.

§
Edited: 2018-12-09

I suppose I'll have to concede you were correct. I setup a 2nd profile with different email/phone # but basically identical otherwise...it's done 160 sweeps so far and I've seen it handle the "switch" part without issue. What sort of things have you won so far? Do we need to keep video disabled? I don't think the hanging I saw was related to 2FA.

§

Even with an amazon profile that didn't have 2FA the script would hang after a random time with video's both included and excluded. Moved on.

§

I've seen it hang on videos on slower PC's but I've looked into you a bit & would assume you have a gaming computer. Notice, that each video is embedded from a different source so it leaves rooms for error. The script isn't flawless but I've won 12 things in 6 days...

Sign in to post a reply.