Youtube - Restore Classic

If youtube is in the new 2017 YouTube Material Redesign, automatically restore classic view

< Feedback on Youtube - Restore Classic

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2017-12-09
Edited: 2017-12-09

Doesn't work in Greasemonkey, opens as text in new window.

Hello, I use Greasemonkey with the latest Firefox Quantum 57.0.2 64 bit. I am so fed up of having to keep restoring old youtube, this has been going on now for many months. I think youtube programmers are trying to make the website deliberately frustrating and annoying for it's users. Why, why are they doing this? When I click 'install this script', it opens as text in a new tab. I've tried copying and pasting as a .js file, same thing happens when I run it. I can't get it to work.

§
Edited: 2017-12-09

OMG! I got it to work I installed Tampermonkey and it works! Thanks so much for this! There is still one more annoyance, now there's a blue bar at the top which loads on every page: 'We've been hard at work on the new YouTube, and it's better than ever. Try it now.' It's nowhere near as bad as what I had to keep doing but I have to keep closing it on every youtube page I open. No youtube, it isn't better than ever and I would have thought it obvious the fact that I kept restoring old youtube means that I don't want to 'try it now'. Typical, get rid of one annoyance, they make another one.

CptmathixAuthor
§

I've updated the code, the banner should be hidden automatically.

§
Posted: 2017-12-13

Yep, that works as well! You Legend :)

Sign in to post a reply.